IGNORED

2014 North Meets South in the Middle= Apr 25-27

CoarsegoldKid

Make that 29.

In with a grin :grin:

Wow, been a while Gary. We did a ride a way back.

Think it was 1/2 dozen of us went from Napa up north coast way.

You'll like this one. Joe does a great job.

MB>

Make that 29.

In with a grin :grin:

Wow, been a while Gary. We did a ride a way back.

Think it was 1/2 dozen of us went from Napa up north coast way.

You'll like this one. Joe does a great job.

MB>

Now 30.........Kathy and I at the Comfort Inn on Friday the 25th.....

Don't worry Phil, this is not a math quiz. Glad to see you're going to make it this year. New guy buys! :rofl:

OK......You saw all my "edits".......Math never my best subject..!!!!.....Looking forward to it and seeing you and all the folks again....Thanks for hosting and all the work you put into it......We will bring some nice grape squeezings.........

• 2 weeks later...
CoarsegoldKid

With all the chatter about the new 2014 R1200RT I see California noobies are coming out in droves. West Coasties might want to check out this thread more closely. :wave:

whew, I'm reassured …..that i'll be surrounded by lunatics.

Should I bring Sue... or, should Sue bring me?

It Will Be GOOD to sEE you TANK!

:thumbsup:

Bring Sue. No one really wants to see you. :lurk:

I feel hurt and dejected... I'll drop Sue off and pick her up on Sunday... :cry:

Sweet.....I haven't gotten hammered with Sue since......Salida :thumbsup: It's not true that no one wants to see you Larry what time will you pick her up on Sunday :rofl:

• 2 weeks later...
Out. :-(

With out a doubt that is the saddest word I've ever heard.

And it leaves me with a sadder heart that I have to echo that same word.

Seems my friend and employer managed to get a medical conference on that weekend.

I've called the motel and have canceled the room they had with the motorcycle garage attached.

Seems my friend and employer managed to get a medical conference on that weekend.

I've called the motel and have canceled the room they had with the motorcycle garage attached.

That's a bummer, Tank.

Sue says we're com'n up to Oregon this Summer. We're look'n forward to seeing you and the gang.

Bummer..... :(

Tankless Bummer. I was looking for my mullet fix.

Bummer. For both.

That's a bummer, Tank.

Sue says we're com'n up to Oregon this Summer. We're look'n forward to seeing you and the gang.

I like your boss Larry. I like the way she thinks. The things she says. You done good. Plenty of guest space around.

Bumpitty-bump-bump.

I'll be riding to Yosemite on Saturday of N meets S for the 150th anniversary of the signing of the Yosemite Grant by Lincoln.

The official date is June 30, but this may be a chance to spin through before the crowds.

MB>

I'm on the fence.

However, I have a room.

I never split no room with nobody. Nobody ever wanted to split a room with me.

dc

I never split no room with nobody. Nobody ever wanted to split a room with me.

dc

Could be due to your sunny disposition :grin:

KTM Doug and Edwin IN. Looking forward to seeing a couple old friends and meeting some new folks. Will be my first ride after an 8 year retirement. :grin:

CoarsegoldKid
KTM Doug and Edwin IN. Looking forward to seeing a couple old friends and meeting some new folks. Will be my first ride after an 8 year retirement. :grin:

Great! New guys buy. Take the back roads to get here.

• 2 weeks later...

Whoa!!! This fell off the first page in ride and Event Planning........can't have THAT. Bumping it to get it back up front :thumbsup:

Anyone from the Bay Area leaving Thursday?

I'm thinking of a ride down 17 to 1 then Nacimiento-Ferguson Rd through Fort Hunter Leggit to 198, 33, 145, 41.

30 days out now, time to make a plan.

I'm thinking of a ride down 17 to 1 then Nacimiento-Ferguson Rd through Fort Hunter Leggit to 198, 33, 145, 41.

Hey, that would pass right through my neck of the woods. I also want to be there for the Friday dual sport ride so will be leaving on Thursday as well. My plan was to leave work (earlyish - 1:30 or so) in San Jose to go over 130 by the observatory and then cut across but if you can afford to leave a bit later we could meet in Ben Lomond or by the Denny's on Ocean street in SC and take your route from there....

drop me a PM if you have your route all planned out.

Cheers,

Jason

Gary

My tentative plan was to meet Jerry Thursday morning at the ramp on the West side of the Hwy 280 and Farm Hill Blvd junction. This is just South of where Hwy-92 (San Mateo Bridge) ties into 280.

We were thinking about going over to Livermore and catching Mines road to Patterson and then over to 49 and south to Oakhurst, but I think riding via the Nacimiento-Fergusson Road is a better route.

Regardless, the Farm Hill junction might be an easy place to meet up as there is safe parking on the roadside there. As your plans develop, keep me in mind as it would be great to ride with you again.

I'm IN! My screen name used to be strongbird and this is my first post in 10 years. I still recognize some names and remember some faces from the old days and that is very cool.

On an impulse I bought a R1100S that needed some TLC so of course that's the bike I want to ride to Oakhurst to be with all of you esteemed riders. If for some reason the S isn't ready I will ride my Aprilia Futura. But that just doesn't seem right to me. Gotta finish getting the S ready and this event is good motivation.

If anyone wants to split a room at the Comfort Inn for Friday/Saturday please PM me. (RT Russ, saw your post and I sent you a PM.)

Cory! Where ya been man?

I was just lookin' up your profile yesterday, wondering if you had abandoned the forum.

New Karoo 3s mounted today, ready for back woods and back roads.

Karoo3.jpg

Cory! Where ya been man?

I was just lookin' up your profile yesterday, wondering if you had abandoned the forum.

New Karoo 3s mounted today, ready for back woods and back roads.

Gary, well, ahh, yeah, I kinda did rudely bolt on outta here. I probably should have stayed here and gone straight to the R11S after my RT. Oh well. 5 bikes later and that's what I'm doing now. So let's ride and do tech days :grin:.

I sure am glad to see those huge knobby tires on your GS. Now I have half a chance of keeping up with you on pavement. I have been waking up with flashbacks of you disappearing on your K-RS. And I saw you blasting up and down the Crackerbox on YouTube... Why can't everyone ride like you? :grin:

Unfortunately, I require surgery on my left wrist, and I won't be able to make it. I've had to cancel my reservation.

Unfortunately, I require surgery on my left wrist, and I won't be able to make it. I've had to cancel my reservation.

That's not your throttle hand. What's the big whoop?

Just yanking your chain. Get well soon.

IN with a reservation made. Don, are you guys going to be in Tehachapi at 0900 on Friday?

MILL STREET EXIT- TEXACO- RT 58 TEHACHAPI!

Yeah, show up around 9:30, try to be rolling by 10....

I'll post up sumthin' soon....stay tuned :thumbsup:

Don J :wave:

IN with a reservation made. Don, are you guys going to be in Tehachapi at 0900 on Friday?

MILL STREET EXIT- TEXACO- RT 58 TEHACHAPI!

Yeah, show up around 9:30, try to be rolling by 10....

I'll post up sumthin' soon....stay tuned :thumbsup:

Don J :wave:

Just a "FYI"...

I rode through Tehachapi today. The Tehachapi Chevron has reopened. Gas was $0.10/gal cheaper than here in Pasadena!

Thanks for posting the routes, Don. There's a few roads in there that I'm not familiar with, and am looking forward to seeing them. Is lunch in Porterville at Jenny Lynn's? They've got some good eats....

I'll meet up with the hoons in Tehachapi around 9:30ish.

Unfortunately I have had to cancel. :( After not riding for years this was to be my first longer trip. My 100 year old mom was just told that she had to move from where she lives as she is requiring more care than they can give. So not wanting to put her in a nursing home yet since she has most of her mental faculties, just a body that needs lots of help, I am searching for another spot. Think we have one and will know for sure next week and then the move. I was hoping to meet some new folks. oh well, maybe next time. For now, gotta take care of mom.

CoarsegoldKid

We are getting real close- one week away. As I stated previously I'll lead a dual sport ride through the mountains on Friday and possibly on Saturday if the interest is there. Weekdays are always better because there are far less people out in the fire roads and trails.

The question is HOW many riders can I expect for DS riding?

We are getting real close- one week away. As I stated previously I'll lead a dual sport ride through the mountains on Friday and possibly on Saturday if the interest is there. Weekdays are always better because there are far less people out in the fire roads and trails.

The question is HOW many riders can I expect for DS riding?

Does the DS ride include a 690 test ride? :Cool:

I will be there and it looks like Gary is coming with his DR - so ya got at least 2 followers.....

Another Gary for the DS ride Friday - on my GSW.

Unless of course I am the aforementioned Gary, in which case that makes 2 people.

Archived