IGNORED

Cruiserworks boots

madness522

I have that style.

Very comfy. I had them in the rain for 3 hours, no leaks. I wear them to work, they look dressy when you hide them under pants.

Good stuff.

The factory did not have my size in stock and so they called around to their dealers until they found me a pair. Great service.

Peter

I've had a pair for about five years. Bought because they come in narrow widths. Great traction, no leaks.

My only concern is they would come off too easily in an accident.

Edit: Size 13N - no problems with shifter or brake.

I've had a pair for a year. They are the most comfortable boot I've owned. I am concerned about protection (no armor), but I find I wear them all the time. When I ride I wear BMW Transition Touring Boots. They aren't near as comfortable, but they are warm and armored.

I have had a pair for nearly 5 years. Never a problem and they never leaked. However I have learned that in cold weather they do not have much traction and have slipped on me so many times I have retired them. Its not that they need recaps, they work ok in the hotter climates. I think it has something to do with the compound of the sole.

Here is their replacement:

http://www.newenough.com/oxtar_matrix_goretex_boots_page.htm

I bought the model with the zipper on the inside. They are very easy to get on and off. I also like that they look good when I'm off the bike. Had 2 years with no complaints.

My only concern is they would come off too easily in an accident.

I agree. I own the same. Great feel, warm enough & waterproof but I would feel better with a clasp or buckle holding them on. Very soft leather so they feel like house slippers on the bike which is nice for the feel, but may not be so good sliding across pavement. eek.gif I think they have a buckle or zipper version.

I have had a pair for 3 years. Done lots of riding in the rain & stayed dry. Very comfortable. I wish the soles were a little thicker for us short guys. Cruiserworks won't resole with any other style of sole.

Jerry Johnston

Not quite the same but I wore a pair of similar sytle (engineering boots not Cruiser) and went down and was run over by a pickup truck crushing the right knee and lower leg bone (1988). They had to cut them off with a knife. I had the boot sewn up and wore them another two years after.

I bought the side zipper model (mens boot). I can vouche for their waterproofability as I now where them for snow/ice boots and have stood in slush and they haven't leaked. They are very comfortable also. I wore them for several thousand miles on the bike. Not enough armor for my peace of mind so I don't wear them on the bike anymore. Switched to Kochmann boots.

Thanks for the comments and replies. If all goes according to plan I will be making a road trip to Cruiserworks in the next couple weeks. Betsy, from Cruiserworks, has been great answering my emails and even offered to meet me on a saturday, not their normal business hours, if it fit my schedule better. Can't argue with great customer service.

Recently the company was for sale. I wonder if there is a new owner or the old ones decided to stick with it. I assume it's a money maker because they seem to have lots of users.

My boots were "seconds". She said they had a blemish in the toe, but I was never able to find it. I think they knocked off $50. I am very happy with their product and will buy another - hope they have another blemish grin.gif

I have worn the Cruiserworks boots for three years. They are very comfortable boots. I have worn them through some torrential downpours and they kept my feet dry. I just got them re-soled at a place in Virginia and they did a terrific job.

I agree with the posts about lack of armor. I just purchased some BMW All Around boots and they are considerably different from the Cruiserworks. I don't enjoy walking around in them as much as I have the Cruiserworks boots.

I also have the BMW Sneaker and they are sort of in between the Cruiserworks and All Around boots in terms of comfort. The Sneaker is a hiking boot style.

Archived