IGNORED

V-Stream Windshield

Nathan Margolis

Nathan Margolis

I have a new '13 R1200RT. Ride with shield it all the way down as I do enjoy some wind, but the issue was wind noise where could not hear the factory radio about 55-60 MPH. Bike does have blue tooth but for the RT, you have to go with the very expensive BMW propriortiery electronics. V-Stream has a "try before you buy" program with many of their dealers. Tested a V-Stream, looks good (does not look like a garage door), and quiets down the cockpit area of your bike where you can hear the radio up to speeds of 80-85MPH. Shield all the way down, you do get some wind that I like, but place shield higher, excellent wind protection.

Highly recommend V-Stream. It does as advertised.

Agreed.

After trying at least three others on my RT, the V Stream has been on for about 9 years.

Purchased an ST this summer, sold the two screens that came with it as soon as the V Stream was delivered.

Great protection. Almost unscratchable.

Thanks for the report!

Do these shields come in different heights and if so which did you go with?

I'm riding a 2012 RT and have been thinking about swapping out the shield for a bit more quiet.

Unless you are 6'4" or more the std height will work fine for you. The RT has a larger range of screen adjustment so size is less critical than for a fixed screen or one with only modest adjustment

Windscreen preferences, a combination of aerodynamics and superstition. But, for my ST, the V-Stream seems to work perfectly. With the stock screen, I always seemed to get blasted mid-face, regardless of where I positioned it. The V-Stream substantially quiets things down and results in a lot less uncomfortable turbulence. However, other owners of the same BMW have been perfectly comfortable with the stock screen.

The try before you buy program isn't something I used, but it seems like a great concept, given the expense and hassle of experimenting blindly with new windscreens.

Archived