IGNORED

Kickstand torque and Service manual.

No_Twilight

Ok. I bought the aforementioned bike with the inoperable ABS. At the price I got it I could pay $1500 to have it fixed but of course i won't. I'll work on it later (I don't really like ABS when it isn't raining anyhow).

And BTW, the test ride was amazing compared to my R1100RS...

So my first problem is the kickstand. It was loose. Anybody have a torque spec on the kickstand bolt? I assume it is a shoulder bolt so I can tighten it pretty tight. How about lubrication? It appears to need lubrication...

I looked on ebay for a Haynes manual like I have for my R-bike and can't find one? Anybody have one they recommend and where to get it? Also, has anybody bought any of those CD manuals on ebay and found one they like?

Thanks,

Jerry

Thanks Red. I asked for one torque value and I got "Every Freakin Torque...". Now that's service. I torqued it to 41 NM and lubed it up and it works much smoother. Thanks, Jerry

I got the kickstand trued up and now the bike sits too close to strait up. The bike parking at work has a very slight left to right slope and when I parked yesterday the bike was almost straight up and I think a mild wind could have easily blown it over, not to mention the inadvertant bump. Is there adjustment here? I had to put it on it's centerstand. thanks, Jerry

Many BM's tend to sit quite high, especially as the suspension starts to sag with age. Have you checked the static sag?

I find my RT leans over much more when the rear pre-load is jacked up for luggage+pillion on tour.

Cya, Andy thumbsup.gif

Many BM's tend to sit quite high, especially as the suspension starts to sag with age. Have you checked the static sag?

I find my RT leans over much more when the rear pre-load is jacked up for luggage+pillion on tour.

Cya, Andy thumbsup.gif

I bet that's it. The previous owner was short so I bet he had it setting very low...

Archived