IGNORED

Seen anything noteworthy on 1 to 3 wheels lately?

Kathy R

I believe they all came in that orange color, too.

Yes, it was orange tinted GRP - orange through and through.

Andy

• 1 month later...

This is cool...

He says he'll only make six and if that's right someone should, and probably will, take up the slack. When new tech meets classic style.

12 min. video.

This is cool...

He says he'll only make six and if that's right someone should, and probably will, take up the slack. When new tech meets classic style.

12 min. video.

WOW! Thanks for that!

Turns out we saw one of Randy Grubb's bikes at the LeMay museum in Tacoma WA, only I didn't understand what it was because they only have about 1/2 of their stuff labelled.

Very cool art deco bike with a harley underneath.

http://www.randygrubb.com/decoson/

Saw this in the parking lot at Lake Louise near Banff, AB last Friday:

Had an ADV sticker on the back. Anyone know anything about this rider? The more I look at the pictures the more questions I have.

I was trying to figure out whats on his front bumper, in particular what is that finned box?

In this post? I'm not positive, but I think it is a small refrigerator. There a couple reminders on the dash, one for the GPS tracker, one says "Fridge on?" I suspect you could spend a week investigating all the modifications on that bike.

small world... I met an adv rider from Australia, great guy.. an instant friend.. anyway.. this pic is in his facebook album.. he took in in 2011... said guy rode it from UK...to finally in Australia...

strangebike_zpsaae9bfa0.jpg

looks like a bit more was added to it since then

• 1 month later...

This is my 1938 DKW SB200.

I am looking at it every working day since it is parked in front of my office. My dad used to ride a 1937 DKW of the same model until 1939 when the war started. This one was as close as I could get to his bike. I found it a few years ago in Germany and it is in good running condition.

In the summertime it gets its exercise every 4 weeks or so. It runs very well.

Through ebay I found a guy in Poland who duplicates historic plates, he did a great job of my dad's plates with simulated stamp and all. HH stands for Hansestadt Hamburg

38%20DKW.jpg

• 2 years later...

Old topic, but this seems apropos. Looking through the window of the Tellico Grains Bakery today, I saw a GS with a solid rear wheel and automobile tire. WTF? Who would put a chrome-plated car wheel on a GS?

On closer inspection, it was a sidehack:

Sidehack.JPG

...With a trailer hitch:

P1000576.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
szurszewski
Seen in the wild: outlaw black Slingshot.

I saw one today as well in Portland - flamed out and the driver ("rider"?) had a matching helmet of the german military style :)

Interesting for sure, but not for me...

szurszewski
Old topic, but this seems apropos. Looking through the window of the Tellico Grains Bakery today, I saw a GS with a solid rear wheel and automobile tire. WTF? Who would put a chrome-plated car wheel on a GS?

On closer inspection, it was a sidehack:

Sidehack.JPG

...With a trailer hitch:

P1000576.JPG

I bet that was built by Claude Stanley -

http://www.freedomsidecars.com/

Archived