IGNORED

F650GS Dakar Fuel line issue

Bob Palin

Trying to get Janet's F650 back on the road and it has a fuel leak from the line that (I assume) is going into the injector body/housing. It's the lower one in this picture that comes from the fuel filter.

Here's a picture - the question is about the clamp, is it a special part? Can it be replaced with a regular fuel line clamp - looks like the other one has been at some point. Anything special about the fuel line? It has a partial wrap around it where it runs along the frame.

janet_fuel.jpg

You can use a standard FI clamp, which look like these (not the worm-drive clamp in the picture, which is not really correct for high-pressure applications.) The FI clamps are available at any auto parts store, but be sure to get the exactly correct size for your fuel line as fudging with a clamp that is too large or too small can cause leaks.

Thanks, I thought it was an Oetiker, but it almost looks as though there is a collar under it that the fuel line goes inside, never seen anything like that but wondering. I replaced all the Oetikers on my RT with high pressure fuel clamps.

Edit: I think it's just the inner band that I'm seeing rather than a collar.

Archived