IGNORED

How to get a battery FAST?

russell_bynum

russell_bynum

Lisa's RS seems to have a weak battery. We're getting ABS faults, it is cranking slowly, etc. Fluid levels in the battery are fine.

I'd like to get a new battery in time for Saturday's ride. I don't have time to make it to one of the local BMW dealerships.

Can someone recommend a good online source for batteries that can get it to us quick? So far, I've googled a few places and they're all saying 5-7 days.

I looked for you in Google (you could have too dopeslap.gif) www.ajusa.com Direct Source Outlet, in San Diego. Odyssey PC680 $89.97 freee shipping. You should get it next day. there are some others.

russell_bynum

Thanks, Paul. New battery is on the way. I did Google for places, but the first few I checked all said 5-7 days. I guess you're a better Googler than I am. cool.gif

Lisa's RS seems to have a weak battery. We're getting ABS faults, it is cranking slowly, etc. Fluid levels in the battery are fine.

I'd like to get a new battery in time for Saturday's ride. I don't have time to make it to one of the local BMW dealerships.

Can someone recommend a good online source for batteries that can get it to us quick? So far, I've googled a few places and they're all saying 5-7 days.

I just buy a compatible battery (usually made in Taiwan) from a local battery company. A year and a half ago when I had to get a new one, I just walked in and bought it. Seems to work just fine and a hell of a lot cheaper than a BMW battery. I put on 15000km this year, and it still works like new (and the perminent magnet starter motor that K100s use is not easy on batteries, either!).

Bob.

For future reference, if anyone is interested, you can pick up an Odyssey pc680 at any Batteries Plus outlet. They're not necessarily the cheapest (I paid 89.88) but I needed it right away, was able to check the date code, and they will probably be there to honor the warranty if any problems occur. So far it has worked great.

For future reference, if anyone is interested, you can pick up an Odyssey pc680 at any Batteries Plus outlet. They're not necessarily the cheapest (I paid 89.88)
$158 at the Batteries Plus in Las Vegas! I didn't buy it.

Archived