IGNORED

Heat Out undergarments from Cycle Gear

Shaolin Master Sergeant

Shaolin Master Sergeant

I bought a couple of helmet liners, a pair of shorts, a short-sleeved shirt and miscellaneous socks from the Cycle Gear in Edison, NJ. In general, the Heat Out stuff is made out of a thin wicking material. They were (and still are) on sale for 50% off and are apparently a lot cheaper than many similar products. It was immediately clear that these do pull moisture from the skin and evaporate quickly. I tried the shirt on when I got home and I got cold quickly in the A/C.

Helmet liner: thinner than a Scott brand liner I have, my most often used HO piece, keeps the funk off the helmet, I can feel the air flowing inside the helmet and evaporating my sweat

Shirt: very good for the hottest days but very form fitting, do not wear alone unless you're an Under Armor model. Not necessary on rides below 90 degrees

Shorts: the cooling effect is not as apparent but its lack of seams makes riding a lot more comfortable on long rides. Better than bike shorts with padding for motorcycle riding

Overall: I highly recommend Heat Out gear

lawnchairboy

I have shorts, shirt, and helmet liner x2. Happy with the products & the pricing. It will also probably make a great base layer in the cold.

Yep, can't disagree with any of that. I have both the Heat-out and Freeze-out stuff and think it works fine. Especially at Cyclegear's price point.

• 3 weeks later...

When you want the real stuff, the under garments that really work, fully made here in the good ol' US of A then check out www.ldcomfort.com

No affiliation but these really do the job.

I just bought a set of both the LS Top & Lng John Heat Out and Freeze Out during their recent 1/2 price sale and included the skull cap for free. Be certain to go one size smaller in the top and pants in the Heat Out as they stretch. Can't beat the price and the Heat-Out definately has helped the previous 2 weeks as I've been riding every day with temps at or near tripple digits. I'm going to purchase another set when I have a few extra bucks to spend. The Freeze-Out will be used shortly as the weather has turned and I plan on riding daily to work rain or shine.

Archived