IGNORED

Windshield for K1200GT?

Johnny Jetson

Johnny Jetson

My new bike (to me) bike has the short (22") windshield. I like a little more protection, but I'm not finding a lot of selection out there.

Cee Bailey has a good reputation, and I like the flipped lip. I put a ClearView on a previous bike and it worked fine, so it's probably a safe bet.

Anybody here got one they like a lot? Or don't like a lot?

Thanks in advance:

PJ

fourteenfour

my recently purchased 09 came with the Ztech shield. Seems very large to me, as in wide. However I have never had the other shield so I cannot compare.

Can still see over it when its high enough to stop buffeting

I had an '06 GT with the CeeBailey flip model. Clear view over the top . Worked fine, no buffeting with a fairly still pocket. Found the sweet spot and never raised or lowered it from there except an occasional extended low speed run requiring increased air flow in the summer.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I recently bought the Wunderlich screen as I found even the BMW tall screen not very effective. The Wunderlich is good and still looks similar to the original BMW one.

That was important for me as I think some screens change the look of the bike too much!

It is much quieter as it reduces the wind blast but when raised high is a bit distracting. I think high on motorways and half up usually works well for me. There is info in the Wunderlich catalog and in the UK it cost me £189 incl

I'll second the CB screen. One of the best investments in riding comfort ever. I leave mine all all year and simply put it down lower in warm climates.

I've been down this road before, so I will just issue a word of caution. I had a tall CB screen, and it worked well for some time, reducing buffeting and noise to an acceptable level.

I don't think what happened to me is peculiar to CB. I ran into a pothole at highway speed, and the jolt delivered by that crashed the supporting structure of the windshield, including the raising/lowering mechanism. Cost me a bunch to get it fixed, and I was lucky to get the original BMW part.

Now I ride with the original BMW screen, which the supporting parts are designed to work with, and just wear ear plugs or noise isolation earbuds.

I have an '08 K1200GT and installed the California Scientific windscreen on it. I tried them all, but I found the Cal Sci offered me the quietest ride. With my Shoei X Twelve, the cockpit is whisper quiet. I'm a bit over 5'8".

Archived