IGNORED

Torrey #10,000 ... Who's in?

Whip

I just arrived to bright sunny skies and mild temps, but then, I always seem to bring sunshine and happiness wherever I go. :wave:

Yeah, I remember riding through all that sunny Sheiße in Colorado!

You'll recall I did not pick those routes. They were selected by Flash Flood Larry.

Weather words... to the Wise.

Many people use Weather Underground for weather checks. Be really careful because there is no actual weather station in Torrey. The automatic default is to Bryce Canyon which will almost always be quite a bit colder, windier, wetter then the actual Torrey conditions.

You can look for the "select weather station" button and try Hanksville for another opinion.

As of this morning, Wednesday... The weather forecast for Hanksville is balmy versus challenging for Bryce.

FYI... see you all Thursday afternoon...

I just arrived to bright sunny skies and mild temps, but then, I always seem to bring sunshine and happiness wherever I go. :wave:

Yeah, I remember riding through all that sunny Sheiße in Colorado!

You'll recall I did not pick those routes. They were selected by Flash Flood Larry.

I didn't know who was leading. I was usually so far back I couldn't seen who was in front.

Except that one time when the car was chasing me on US-50 headed east.

I'm extremely disappointed to say I'm out. Back spasms will keep me grounded. This Torrey was especially important to me as it is the 5th anniversary of Rodger Blakely's passing. He died on our way to Torrey. He truly loved the event. Please hoist a beverage to his memory on Friday around the pool.

Stay safe everyone

I'm extremely disappointed to say I'm out. Back spasms will keep me grounded. This Torrey was especially important to me as it is the 5th anniversary of Rodger Blakely's passing. He died on our way to Torrey. He truly loved the event. Please hoist a beverage to his memory on Friday around the pool.

Stay safe everyone

Sorry about your back Todd. I was down and out a month ago with back issues. No fun indeed. Toast for Roger (SignMan) will be in order.

Ron_B has broken down just east of Albuquerque. A problem with either the final drive or the drive shaft. When I spoke to him a few minutes ago, he was in the process of renting a U-Haul. He's planning on completing his trip to Torrey, and then back home with the bike hiding in the back of the truck. He thinks he might still reach Torrey on Thur, but more likely Friday. No one should worry.

Ron_B has broken down just east of Albuquerque. A problem with either the final drive or the drive shaft. When I spoke to him a few minutes ago, he was in the process of renting a U-Haul. He's planning on completing his trip to Torrey, and then back home with the bike hiding in the back of the truck. He thinks he might still reach Torrey on Thur, but more likely Friday. No one should worry.

I knew he should have turned left at... :rofl:

Thanks for the update Dennis. We'll watch for him!

Riders are coming in complaining of high wind. So far temps are fine. Precip chances have been downgraded. We broke off a dirt ride this morning due to wind on Boulder Mtn flanks (open area), but in town it's gusty but reasonably pleasant. Sunny.

I just checked the garage area of my toyhauler. It was rocking so much I thought there was a plus-size twerking contest going on back there. :eek:

Weather words... to the Wise.

Many people use Weather Underground for weather checks. Be really careful because there is no actual weather station in Torrey.

Actually "Torrey House Press" reports to Weather Underground, the problem is that Weather Underground has Torrey in the wrong place on the map and won't change it. This link should get you the right conditions and forecast

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=84775

Hanksville weather is almost completely unrelated to Torrey weather.

I am on the east side of Albuquerque with a truck.

Ron did not answer his cell phone.

I will keep trying.

I'm in Fairview. It's sunny and windy here.

I had a full day of rain every minute riding down from Jackson Wyoming.

But I had a nice day thru' Yellowstone yesterday. About 60 and sunny.

As to wind, I have had high wind, very high wind all the way from Death Valley on Saturday, to right here in Fairview.

dc

Oh, 42 degrees all the way over here from Jackson.

I'm in Fairview. It's sunny and windy here.

I had a full day of rain every minute riding down from Jackson Wyoming.

But I had a nice day thru' Yellowstone yesterday. About 60 and sunny.

As to wind, I have had high wind, very high wind all the way from Death Valley on Saturday, to right here in Fairview.

dc

Oh, 42 degrees all the way over here from Jackson.

No fun riding in those condition. No sireee.

The good news is that the winds will be dying down for Thu-Sun.

I'm at the Travelodge in Grant NM. Bike is in a U-Haul. Will be in Torrey tomorrow.

Edit:

Whip got through to me.

Glad to read that "...be in Torrey tomorrow" bit. I was wondering how many miles were on that GS?

Really sorry to have missed your call, but Dennis pinged me a little later and let me know not to worry.

I guess you know that this may mean that you are going to be making the cage runs to Bicknel :grin:

You guys are cracking me up and i don't even know most of you! I'm still planning on leaving tomorrow, though have I no reservations now. I'll feel it out as I go, but I believe i'll be there by Friday and will seek out shelter then. ;) I got my gerbing out but this will be my first trip on the R12R using the powerlet.

I am watching the weather and I believe I'll be fine. I'm riding in solo and coming from Sac to Ely tomorrow then to Torrey on Friday. Wind I can handle, snow, not so much. I'll post up if I get stuck along the way so no one worries. If all else fails, Tucson is nice! :rofl:

Cheers all...Sorry to hear of Ron_B's trouble but glad to hear that there is such awesome support here. That's what riding is all about.

Leaving Minneapolis tomorrow morning. 3 hours later (at 500+ mph), I should be in Las Vegas.

Friday morning, my brother and I will be riding to Torrey on a couple of 650 thumpers.

Can't wait! :grin:

Leaving Minneapolis tomorrow morning. 3 hours later (at 500+ mph), I should be in Las Vegas.

Friday morning, my brother and I will be riding to Torrey on a couple of 650 thumpers.

Can't wait! :grin:

Always good to see ya

I'm at the Travelodge in Grant NM. Bike is in a U-Haul. Will be in Torrey tomorrow.

Edit:

Whip got through to me.

Glad to read that "...be in Torrey tomorrow" bit. I was wondering how many miles were on that GS?

Really sorry to have missed your call, but Dennis pinged me a little later and let me know not to worry.

I guess you know that this may mean that you are going to be making the cage runs to Bicknel :grin:

About 112,000 miles. Barely broken in, now merely broken. :dopeslap:

Bad luck on the bike Ron but glad you are ok otherwise. I bet you still enjoy Torrey!

I better enjoy it, it's costing me a lot more money this time! :(

Just kidding, I always enjoy Torrey. It's the people, see. :wave:

Not kidding about the money. :mad:

Sorry you can't make it this time, Barry. I'll see you in the spring. :wave:

Stay safe everyone

Sorry to hear it. I know the feeling. I didn't realize it was the five year anniversary. I'll definitely hoist some Jack for him and thanks for reminding us. See you in DV.

Actually "Torrey House Press" reports to Weather Underground, the problem is that Weather Underground has Torrey in the wrong place on the map and won't change it. This link should get you the right conditions and forecast

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=84775

Hanksville weather is almost completely unrelated to Torrey weather.

And of course as soon as I say that it goes off line! Probably due to the series of power cuts we had yesterday. That page has another list of weather stations at the bottom, this one will be the closest to Torrey, just round the corner past the Best Western

CAPITOL REEF NP TORREY 7 E UT US, Torrey, UT

Update...grounded in NV...having electric issues. My powerlets are not working, can't use my gps or 'lectric gear. I gave it an honorable shot. Heading back home to see what's up and will probably get onto my Bandit and do some real riding. I'm feeling a bit disappointed in my R12R right now.

Hope you all have a great weekend. You are in my thoughts. Give my regards to that beautiful country!!

Update...grounded in NV...having electric issues. My powerlets are not working, can't use my gps or 'lectric gear. I gave it an honorable shot. Heading back home to see what's up and will probably get onto my Bandit and do some real riding. I'm feeling a bit disappointed in my R12R right now.

Hope you all have a great weekend. You are in my thoughts. Give my regards to that beautiful country!!

A fuse maybe?

Blame Gail..... :dopeslap:

Sorry - Suns out here- a little windy, but so many shadetree mechanics here and we do have shady trees...

Be safe going home...

You are probably demanding more power from your powerlets than they can supply, gerbings liner and gloves can be outside the limits if I recall correctly.

Bob (hopz) and Randy arrive about 5:00 ish after irritating traffic on the highway system. Lots of people moving around. but, I

Thanks for a great time to everyone.

I'll do a ride report on this one...

Bob (hopz) and Randy arrive about 5:00 ish after irritating traffic on the highway system. Lots of people moving around. but...

I forget, was it us doing the irritating or the drivers??!! :P

Side note to Ted; thanks again for the Gerbings patch cord, I'll have it in the mail tomorrow!

Second side note; Yo, Biggy, your Georgia Bulldogs got lucky. I pity the fool who thinks GA could beat the Bayou Bengals in Baton Rouge!! (in other words wait until next year....)

Spent the last couple of days in Carson City at friends while I sorted out my gerbing. It seems my power from the beemer was not protected with more than a 5 amp fuse so that's what switched off the gerbing and the gps. I and a friend test out every possible combo of gear and powerlet only to discover the power on the R12 is fine now that i have a 15 amp fuse, but the controller for my heated gear is hosed. It's what isn't working and throwing the system with a lesser fuse. I need to get a new controller when I get home.

In the meantime, I have an ON/OFF switch to use. The gerbing controller is warranteed but it takes a while to get it back so the switch will work until I do.

Today the masses exited Street Vibrations and the sound of loud exhaust could be heard far and wide...after all loud pipes save lives, but sadly not enough as Reno was plagued by accidents. I'm leaving tomorrow heading south to Big Pine to ride some fun roads and see the Ancient Bristlecone Pine forest before the snow flies. From there...who knows.

Sorry I missed you all, but glad to read you had a good time. Some of the photos are awesome!!

next time...

I'm leaving tomorrow heading south to Big Pine to ride some fun roads and see the Ancient Bristlecone Pine forest before the snow flies. From there...who knows.

I'm gonna try and get up there myself real soon. I've done the 4 mile hike up there as late as Nov. Bring some good shoe/boots with you. If you have the time get down to Lone Pine and check out Tuttle Creek Rd and Horseshoe Meadow.

Holed up in Taos with broken RT. Looks like the alternator or related harness. Should be wearing a U-Haul patch instead of a BMW patch on my jacket.

Right now I think I have it handled. I will load it in a u-haul and head home

Between you and Raaan, that's two bikes that headed to Torrey and went home in a u-haul. To Ron's credit, he came all the way to Torrey in the u-haul before turning around and heading home. But it was expensive.

Herb Suessenbach

It was one great time! Many thanks to all for your hospitality and stories. Mary Lou and I enjoyed ourselves and look forward to seeing you at upcoming gatherings.

Ride safe.

Herb.

Archived