IGNORED

Torrey #10,000 ... Who's in?

Whip

My Vacation just got approved. as long as the weather is going to be acceptable,

CC Rider and Bigfish are in. I was 4th on the waiting list at the CW, so will give them a call tonight for an update. Anyone know if the foliage is going to be good?

AdventurePoser

Sounds like this Torrey is shaping up to be a great one. I love this event! Unfortunately I am leaving for Latin America on October 1, so riding to Utah would be cutting it too close.

I'll be there in the spring, hoping Whip will buy me a drink...or two. :)

Absolutely adore this area! Has anyone ridden the entire Burr Trail? I have ridden from Boulder to the dirt but not the complete route. Hmmm, may have to consider this.

Last time I met all of you hooligans, there were NO rooms in Torrey and I ended up riding all the way to Escalante to overnight in a bunk house on some cowboy's property. It was delightful, but it would be nice to see what's in Torrey now, so I can line something up.

I hope to be joining you, in a manner of speaking and this time I'm actually riding a beemer! ;)

Absolutely adore this area! Has anyone ridden the entire Burr Trail? I have ridden from Boulder to the dirt but not the complete route. Hmmm, may have to consider this.

Last time I met all of you hooligans, there were NO rooms in Torrey and I ended up riding all the way to Escalante to overnight in a bunk house on some cowboy's property. It was delightful, but it would be nice to see what's in Torrey now, so I can line something up.

I hope to be joining you, in a manner of speaking and this time I'm actually riding a beemer! ;)

Yes, the dirt part of the Burr Trail is typically graded, flat and tame, apart from a few steep switchbacks as you cross the Capitol Reef... however with all the rain there now, and roads washing out everywhere in the region, it's anyone's guess what might be out there now.

Yes, the dirt part of the Burr Trail is typically graded, flat and tame, apart from a few steep switchbacks as you cross the Capitol Reef... however with all the rain there now, and roads washing out everywhere in the region, it's anyone's guess what might be out there now.

Currently all the low roads in valleys in Capitol Reef are impassable including the Notom Road, last night 24 and 95 were closed again. I drove the scenic highway at 4:30 last night and it was a river of red and grey mud. Epic rainfall. The sun is shining this morning and the park is packed with people, clouds building on Boulder Mountain though.

You can always find information about the timing of Torrey meets on this page, and there is a link to a Torrey lodging page.

http://www.bobpalin.com/howlongtotorrey.php

Currently all the low roads in valleys in Capitol Reef are impassable including the Notom Road, last night 24 and 95 were closed again. I drove the scenic highway at 4:30 last night and it was a river of red and grey mud. Epic rainfall. The sun is shining this morning and the park is packed with people, clouds building on Boulder Mountain though.

Thanks for the info and the link. That is probably one of my most favorite area ever to visit. I love it all. I'll watch the weather and see if I can swing this trip. I'd love to reconnect with some of you and meet others!

Two of us did this in the spring, and he was two up. It was memorable, but I would not subject my RT to it again. Watch out for that loose sand, the scariest moment of that ride. Others I know seemed to take it in stride. YMMV.

The fun has already begun. We, that being Joe, Carl, and myself, left for Torrey this morning, meeting in Fallon tonight. Then it is all points north.

See you all in Torrey.

The fun has already begun. We, that being Joe, Carl, and myself, left for Torrey this morning, meeting in Fallon tonight. Then it is all points north.

See you all in Torrey.

either I have the wrong weekend or you guys will really know each other by the time I get there.

Per the BMWST calendar it is 27-29 September. They must be taking the long way around.

Or have a really awesome amount of holiday time!!

I got reservations. :clap: I'm going to leave on Thursday and overnight in Ely at Hotel Nevada, then ride in the scenic way on Friday, probably arriving late afternoon. I'm at the Torrey Trading Post on Friday and then the CW on Saturday. I'll probably leave on Sunday. I very much look forward to this ride!!

Here is my route to Torrey. Love the Loneliest Highway. :P

https://roadtrippers.com/trips/5237659f03b0ade069000010

If there is anyone in on the first floor at the Chuck Wagon that would be willing to trade rooms, it would be much appreciated.

Walking and lifting is a problem for me at this time from medical reasons.

For whatever reason they switched me to the second floor.

Thanks

dc

A couple of California hoons are coming to drag me out of the valley next week and force me to lead them to points north, so I guess that means I'm IN. Again.

A couple of California hoons are coming to drag me out of the valley next week and force me to lead them to points north, so I guess that means I'm IN. Again.

Geez....wonder who those hoons might be.....?? :grin:

Don't forget to pack your essentials:

dentures

walker

cane

hearing aid

reading glasses

heating pad

Ben Gay

blood pressure pills

bedside commode

depends

bed pan

hoveround

prune juice

ex-lax

alka seltzer

shower chair

oatmeal

Old Spice

Any socal riders want to take the long way to Torrey let me know. I will be leaving on Thursday morning and prolly stop in Flagstaff for the night. Staying off the interstate as much as possible.

We'll be departing Wednesday and plan to swing up from the southeast on 191 and spend a couple hours at the southrim of The Canyon de Chelly National Monument near Chinly AZ. Kind of like a combination of the Grand Canyon and Mesa Verde. Here is linky to some pics. Not known very much but looks pretty cool. We'll spend the night in Mexican Hat then on to Torrey Thursday morning.

Departing 0 dark thirty Wednesday. Will be aboard the bumblebee this time - a first for me at Torrey. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Better sport some heated gear. There's a frost warning in Ely, but of course it's one of the coldest places in NV. Torrey is having quite chilly nights but nice days. Wow, the weather is rapidly changing!

Don't forget to pack your essentials:

dentures

walker

cane

hearing aid

reading glasses

heating pad

Ben Gay

blood pressure pills

bedside commode

depends

bed pan

hoveround

prune juice

ex-lax

alka seltzer

shower chair

oatmeal

Old Spice

KY JELLY

CIGARS

heading out from Pacific Palisades Wednesday at 0530 with Dean and Sharon...meeting John in Cucamonga at 0645...then on to Las Vegas for lunch and overnight in Mesquite....gonna be warm there...but looking forward to the cooler temps in Torrey....:)

packing up Sassy tonite...whootie dang whoo!!!

wyman

I would show up but I waited too late to sign up and it is past the registration deadline!

I can sneak you in.

Damn if only I had known.

I will be riding the Pig Trail in Arkansas this weekend on the way to Fayetteville. To watch Johnny F. Football before he is suspended from college football forever.

Have a great trip. You can have my seat on the couch!

Might have the second bedroom available in cabin #9 (the cabin by the street) for Thurs, Fri, and Sat nights. Waiting to hear back from a few people, but should know by tonight if it is open. Send me a message if you're interested. All 3 nights, please.

High winds Wednesday, then snow accumulating to 7500'. Hwy 95 closed at MP 31 as of yesterday.

That ain't a good place to turn around (heading NW) if you are low on fuel.

Just got off the phone with the Utah Road conditions folks and they said 95 had a couple "lane closures" but was open. The number you can call to get up-to-date info on any Utah road is 866 511- 8824 and you will be queued to enter the "road number" and it gives you the status. I'm going to chance it.

Just cancelled reservations at CW for Fri-Sun night. I'm rethinking and heading to Tucson area instead. If anything changes, I'll let you know, but right now warm and hot springs are sounding way better than cold and possible snow in passes.

You all have a wonderful time!!

I just arrived to bright sunny skies and mild temps, but then, I always seem to bring sunshine and happiness wherever I go. :wave:

And smiles too...

:)

In at the CW. Anyone want a room in Loa Utah 14 miles from Torrey?

72 hour cancelation policy got me. If no takers, the Snuggle Inn in Loa will give me a 1yr raincheck. Guess I'll be forced to attend Spring Torrey 2014 too. Oh darn. All you fine folks are worth the move to the CW. Kickstand is up tomorrow at 3:30.

If interested in Loa Reservation... it is for Thursday and Friday night only.

Snuggle Inn Website

Hi everyone,

After seven days and 3,000 miles of great riding the threatening weather has chased me home. For the same reason I am canceling my run to Torrey. Lows in the 20's don't work for my arthritis anymore. Getting old sucks.

I seem to have picked the wrong time to take a southern route. I'm in Amarillo tonight. Was planning to do 95 from Blanding on Thursday.
h

Ron, we're spending Wednesday night in Mexican Hat and doing 95 Thursday AM.

Thinking of all you who are traveling. The adult beverages at the CW are always memorable. May the heater in #9 keep up with the door being left open as you wander in and out.

Sign at the edge of Torrey this morning said that 95 was single lane at MP31

Thanks Bob. Yeah, I've seen that on the road conditions web site but it doesn't say for how many miles. If anyone has better and more specific info, please post. I'm out of here in about 9 hours.

I just arrived to bright sunny skies and mild temps, but then, I always seem to bring sunshine and happiness wherever I go. :wave:

Yeah, I remember riding through all that sunny Sheiße in Colorado!

Archived