IGNORED

Torrey #10,000 ... Who's in?

Whip

There is something very special about our events in Torrey Utah. Hard to explain, but if ya go be careful it can change your life. DAMHIK

How you know? Ha!

You have to be very careful with Torrey, I went to 4-5 meets then moved there (here) from San Diego. A few years later I agreed to be interviewed by some writer about riding in Torrey, I married her! Now I help organize the July 4th events and am on the county fair board...

There is something very special about our events in Torrey Utah. Hard to explain, but if ya go be careful it can change your life. DAMHIK

How you know? Ha!

You have to be very careful with Torrey, I went to 4-5 meets then moved there (here) from San Diego. A few years later I agreed to be interviewed by some writer about riding in Torrey, I married her! Now I help organize the July 4th events and am on the county fair board...

Could happen to anyone

Ordering some new stinky cigars and greasing up the DR650 .

I'll be there on thursday..

Thank goodness for those stinky cigars. Now that you've lost all that weight chasing those two sheep and the goat around your property in Idaho, I didn't know how we were going to recognize you.

Ordering some new stinky cigars and greasing up the DR650 .

I'll be there on thursday..

Thank goodness for those stinky cigars. Now that you've lost all that weight chasing those two sheep and the goat around your property in Idaho, I didn't know how we were going to recognize you.

Now that there is funny, I could almost smell the lanolin.

Geez, I'm going to miss this.

i am in....this will be my first BMW "gathering thingy".....

looking forward to meeting a bunch of like minded folks...

wyman

wyman

My only regret is that I waited so long to attend my first Torrey.

Many fine folk, nice town with ambiance, incredible scenery and roads.

wyman

Please come by cabin #9 so I don't have to find you.

Larry

I AM IN! and hope to see lots of familiar and new faces. I am really looking forward to this Fall Torrey. I think I'm arriving on Thursday

Are we doing T's? XL please times 2.

AND, I nearly forgot, I'll be sportin' new wheels too!

2012R1200RT.jpg

Sweet!! It looks better than my blah grey version!

Dean (Dasadab) and 2 buddies are in! It's been a 4-5 year break. Staying at the Best Western Thursday and Friday.

Anyone do any obscure/different back roads going off the I 15 northbound from L.A. on route to Torrey. i.e. something beyond the Carmel Junction, Tropic, Escalante, Boulder, Torrey route. I love that route and we will do it for sure, it's just we may have an extra day between Mesquite and Torrey. Not sure if an overnight in Escalante or somewhere else along the way might be fun. We may have an extra day to kill inbound from L. A. due to room shortages in Torrey.

Dean

Well, you can always bypass Zion and continue north on I-15.

In Cedar City take UT-14 east to Mammoth Rd. at Duck Creek Village. It's about 35 miles. Mammoth only goes to the left (N) and becomes US Forest Road 067, then changes names to Forest Service Road FH50. It is a great ride up and over the top of the mountains (not that high, lots of trees and some vistas) and eventually T's into UT 143.

Take that to the right (E) into Panguitch. Go through Panguitch and pick up UT-89 until UT-62 just past Circleville.

Take UT-62 to the junction at Otter Creek. Here, you can go north on 62 to Koosharem (kinda straight and boring), and take a right at the stop signe after Koosharem (Browns Lane) and go up Brown's lane about 2 miles to UT-24. Torrey will be about 36 miles east on UT-24.

For even more adventure, after you turn right on UT-24, within a mile or two you'll hit UT-25 to the left. This is the Fish Lake loop. Take it and it will eventually T into UT-72 (Sweeper Madness). Take UT-72 to the right and you'll come out through Fremont to Loa and rejoin UT-24 about 18 miles from Torrey.

The other choice at the Otter Creek Junction is to take UT-22 which meanders through many farms (tight road, no center line in many places) and eventually it will straighten out and T onto UT-12 just before Bryce Canyon NP. Then just take 12 all the way to Torrey and kill two birds with one stone.

Map it. Once you get past St. George, there are many great ways to get to Torrey.

I AM IN! and hope to see lots of familiar and new faces. I am really looking forward to this Fall Torrey. I think I'm arriving on Thursday

Are we doing T's? XL please times 2.

AND, I nearly forgot, I'll be sportin' new wheels too!

2012R1200RT.jpg

Sweet!! It looks better than my blah grey version!

:thumbsup::wave:

Looks like I'm gonna be IN, although I have yet to make a reservation. I'm planning to go the long way, via northern California, visiting friends in Petaluma and Chico, and arrive Thursday afternoon.

Looks like I'm gonna be IN, although I have yet to make a reservation. I'm planning to go the long way, via northern California, visiting friends in Petaluma and Chico, and arrive Thursday afternoon.

:clap:

:clap:

Thanks for the cheer, Whip! I look forward to seeing you and the gang again. I just called the CW, and I'm third on the waiting list. If past history is any indication, that should mean I get in at the CW. In the interests of peaceful coexistence of Torrey motel managers, I'm not going to book anywhere else until the last minute. There are plenty of rooms in town.

In Cedar City take UT-14 east to Mammoth Rd. at Duck Creek Village. It's about 35 miles. Mammoth only goes to the left (N) and becomes US Forest Road 067, then changes names to Forest Service Road FH50. It is a great ride up and over the top of the mountains (not that high, lots of trees and some vistas) and eventually T's into UT 143.

Take that to the right (E) into Panguitch. Go through Panguitch and pick up UT-89 until UT-62 just past Circleville.

Take UT-62 to the junction at Otter Creek. Here, you can go north on 62 to Koosharem (kinda straight and boring), and take a right at the stop signe after Koosharem (Browns Lane) and go up Brown's lane about 2 miles to UT-24. Torrey will be about 36 miles east on UT-24.

For even more adventure, after you turn right on UT-24, within a mile or two you'll hit UT-25 to the left. This is the Fish Lake loop. Take it and it will eventually T into UT-72 (Sweeper Madness). Take UT-72 to the right and you'll come out through Fremont to Loa and rejoin UT-24 about 18 miles from Torrey.

The other choice at the Otter Creek Junction is to take UT-22 which meanders through many farms (tight road, no center line in many places) and eventually it will straighten out and T onto UT-12 just before Bryce Canyon NP. Then just take 12 all the way to Torrey and kill two birds with one stone.

Map it. Once you get past St. George, there are many great ways to get to Torrey.

Thanks for the terrific suggestions.

Dean

i tagging along with Dean...

this sounds pretty dang nice.....

better start charging my camera batteries...LOL

wyman

Vacation Request Submitted. Carla and Bigfish will be there if approved. Would love to introduce my Fiancé to the promised land and all you fine folks.

... snip...

i tagging along with Dean...

this sounds pretty dang nice.....

better start charging my camera batteries...LOL

wyman

Welcome Wyman! Look me up and the first bottle of Polygammy Ale (or what's on hand) is on me. :thumbsup:
Vacation Request Submitted. Carla and Bigfish will be there if approved. Would love to introduce my Fiancé to the promised land and all you fine folks.

Fiancee! Woo Hoo! Congrats!

Looking like we will be there Friday sometime. Right now the plan is bringing at least one of the minions with us so we will be in a cage. Plus I am coming to Torrey via Dayton Ohio on Thursday so arrival may be impacted by getting back to Phoenix at a decent hour. I had thought of riding the GT Friday while Laura takes the Bug but with travel all that week, it isn't the sanest idea. Room at the CW is secured though so we are in. Can't wait to see everyone.

Thank you Russell for the info and sounds like a great ride. Looks like I definitely can't make it happen this year. Being new I didn't think about or check the calendar so sorry about that. Also if I offended anyone I was not serious and in no way meant that new members are not wanted, just tried to be a little funny and well....sorry my bad.

No reason to be sorry it is my fault.

The first three rounds are on me when we meet in Torrey.

L

Well the latest news is I won't be driving to Laramie, WY to drop off my son and car at WyoTech and flying back from Denver so I'd like to make the ride to Torrey. I just have to pickup my wife from LAX the 25th or 26th. This would be my first road trip on the bike and I have to see about making a reservation as it is a little late. Still have to come up with a solution for the torture device BMW calls a seat on my RT. I hope to make the ride up with EffBee if there's room for one more to tag along. :wave:

Tony

Tony, have you done any research on this site about raising the front of the seat (3/8" shim under each side of the seat adjuster) and lowering the rear of the seat (trimming the tapered part of the rummber bumpers, where the hole is)? It'll add an hour to your comfort. Maybe more.

I raised the front 5/8" and it helped but the covering is hard and does not stretch and the foam could be improved so I'd like to replace with better materials now and see how that works out with the front seat.

On Monday I'm riding to Lancaster Auto Interiors after work and talk to the owner about my seat. I'd like their best memory foam and widen the sitting area then custom contour it as much as they are willing and able then cover in leather.

I'm certain it won't cost nearly the money as the motorcycle seat specialty shops and still get a great quality seat, at the same time I'm supporting a local business that I've done business with over the years, and who knows he may be a little more hungry for business. Word of mouth referrals can be golden. :thumbsup:

I planned on it, he's worked on a few dirt bike seats for me and I'm pretty confident of they can do a nice job.

Well as it stands now I'm in and just made a cabin reservation at the Torrey Trading Post for 2 nights 9/27-9/29. :thumbsup:

I also just completed my first valve adjustment using the 4 feeler gages and she's ready to ride. I did find the right spark plug loose, no resistance when trying to break it loose, so she should be running even better than before.

Just a heads up there is one remaining cabin if anyone is interested, less than $40 per night.

The long range forecast - of questionable value as it may be - shows nice weather for that area.

Regardless, I'm out. Jane reminded me we're flying to the other coast then. :(

I was a week off in my thinking; senility will do that to you. :cry: I'll have to try next year.

:cry:

Well it looks like we are going to miss fall Torrey. Had some unexpected expenses plus the Trooper is insisting on leaking water all over and we can't figure out where it's coming from. (not the usual places so it's off to Dr. D's)

Anyway we hope everyone has fun and we sure will be thinking of all you. Oh canceled our room in case anyone is looking for one.

At this point, I am planning on driving up with my kid. We'll rent a car. I try to do road trips with my kids and I owe this one a road trip. So, 90% in. i'll have to call and see if I can get a room up there.

Herb Suessenbach

Greetings!

Two BMWST newbies here in Albuquerque that will be joining you good folks in Torrey. We secured a nearby room at the Broken Spur arriving on Friday. Mary Lou rides her R1200RT and I'll either take my R1100R or the trusty KLR.

Looking forward to meeting all of you. I feel as though I already know you, as I see your pictures whenever I'm at the post office......

Greetings!

Two BMWST newbies here in Albuquerque that will be joining you good folks in Torrey. We secured a nearby room at the Broken Spur arriving on Friday. Mary Lou rides her R1200RT and I'll either take my R1100R or the trusty KLR.

Looking forward to meeting all of you. I feel as though I already know you, as I see your pictures whenever I'm at the post office......

Please come by Cabin #9 at the ChuckWagon and intro yourselves.

Fresh meat tastes great.

:wave:

Hello to Herb...ummm, that sounds a little weird, living in Colorado as I do, but I digress... welcome on board and we look forward to meeting both of you in Torrey.

For any riders coming from the easterly provinces... if your path of travel includes Colorado Springs... feel free to contact me and Mrs Hopz. We have room(s) and will be happy to host.

I am riding solo on Thursday and would welcome others to the trip. Planning to go the route to Torrey in one day. Please PM.

Well, heck..... even though I've had an offer to drive a truck full of DR's ( thanks Jan and Sharon) I'm not sure I should expect my leg to play that hard yet.

So I have canceled my room at the CW for this coming gathering...

Hey Randy, I was so hoping to see you this fall... next time

:cry:

Well it looks like we are going to miss fall Torrey.

You guys will be missed.

You too. Was looking forward to hearing how you like retirement :clap: Maybe next one.

Archived