IGNORED

Torrey #10,000 ... Who's in?

Whip

Only fitting number 10,000 will be about Torrey it has always been our favorite BMWST event.

September 26,27,28,29.

Mrs Whip and I will arrive Tuesday the 24th at Cabin #9.

I am thinking if we catch the leaves right we should ride up Huntington Canyon and check out the colors on Saturday.

Who is in for Fall Torrey 2013?

I'm IN.. on the bike and no Suz this trip.

She volunteered to stay with the dog since we don't have an alternate place for Boogie here yet.

Well crap!! I haven't missed a Torrey in I don't know when but I'm gonna miss this one. We're having a mini family reunion at Lake Tahoe that weekend.

I hope I can rely on you all to post lots of photos and ride tales so I can be there vicariously if not in reality.

I'll see you all in May 2014 for sure.

Only fitting number 10,000 will be about Torrey it has always been our favorite BMWST event.

September 26,27,28,29.

I am thinking if we catch the leaves right we should ride up Huntington Canyon and check out the colors on Saturday.

Who is in for Fall Torrey 2013?

I need to make another BMWST Torrey event, however, I'll be "FART"ing with the east coast BMWST folks that weekend. Nice to know there will be a lot of us enjoying BMWST fellowship that weekend. :thumbsup:

I AM IN! and hope to see lots of familiar and new faces. I am really looking forward to this Fall Torrey. I think I'm arriving on Thursday

Are we doing T's? XL please times 2.

AND, I nearly forgot, I'll be sportin' new wheels too!

2012R1200RT.jpg

In at the CW! I figure if Flying Greg can make once a decade this is the least I can do.

I only appear to resemble that remark. In reality it is a little better attendance than that. But my heart was at every single gathering of my friends.

I'm trying to save enough money to be able to pay for my fuel. :(

OK, I skipped my morning mocha so now I'm good to go.

:thumbsup:

You sir, are a financial wizard!

had a res, had to give it up. other plans from employer.

First Colorado and now Utah? I think someone is just afraid of those big western pinecones. :lurk:

Well, I was going to go.

But they said I have no reservation, and they have no rooms.

Now, someone called and cancelled, so they called & gave me a second floor room.

Supposedly someone specifically requested room 13. I did that the last several years, but now they say someone else has it.

I was in room 13 May of this year and last, and last September.

Who else, other than me could be nutty enough to 'request' room 13?

Whoever has room 13, if you would let me know, I would like to switch rooms so I could have room 13?

I also have a problem with the second floor. So now I am on the "waiting list" to switch to a first floor room.

So I may be there. Or maybe I should just give it up and go to Mexico again.

dc

I think since Michelle left all the rooms got shuffled. We didn't get our usual room either. But then, I don't actually care. 13, David13, luck, knees, whatever. I think we are upstairs this time.

Greg

You have a new bike. How can you be worried about that?

Everything got mixed up when Michelle left, I think.

But they are concerned about credit cards expiring before the next dates.

I am on the waiting list for a first floor room so maybe they will accommodate me yet.

Greg are you superstitious? 13 can be unlucky for some people. Yet lucky for others.

dc

lawnchairboy

Yuck yuck yuck. Yer killin' me.

I'm holding out hope for a few days in sept off, just won't be able to make it out west in a short time frame.

Pretty close to in.

Ditto.

I haven't been to Huntington Canyon yet, so I'd be up for that.

You should definitely do HC in the fall. Color is typically fantastic.

Pretty close to in.

Ditto.

I haven't been to Huntington Canyon yet, so I'd be up for that.

I ride Huntington Canyon every Fall. I ride it for me, and for Gleno who, for all the times he came to Torrey, never went far enough north to enjoy that road. He would have loved it. Of course, I just ride it. Gleno and his Zook would have strafed it.

For those of use that are new to this site and BMW Sport Touring in general, additional information/details would be greatly appreciated. Just stating Torry #10,000...Who's in...means nothing to new members unless you don't want us. :S I can do a day ride on the 28th only. I'm flying back from Denver on the 27th so please elobrate.

russell_bynum
For those of use that are new to this site and BMW Sport Touring in general, additional information/details would be greatly appreciated. Just stating Torry #10,000...Who's in...means nothing to new members unless you don't want us. :S I can do a day ride on the 28th only. I'm flying back from Denver on the 27th so please elobrate.

Twice a year there's an exceedingly informal gathering of this group up in Torrey, Utah. Generally people congregate around the Chuckwagon Lodge, but it fills up quick, so people also stay at the other motels in town.

The traditional thing was to arrive on Friday, ride your ass off on Saturday. Spend Saturday night lying about how fast your rode and how much that female/male (depending on your sex and orientation) park ranger wanted you. Then ride home Sunday.

These days it's a bit extended and people show up earlier in the week.

There's killer roads, great off-road stuff if that's your thing, and breathtaking scenery.

There are a few common routes that people take, but it's really up to each person to sort out where they're going, who (if anyone) they want to ride with, etc.

Search the "Ride tales" and "ride tales that last" formus for the word "Torrey" to get an idea.

Thank you Russell for the info and sounds like a great ride. Looks like I definitely can't make it happen this year. Being new I didn't think about or check the calendar so sorry about that. Also if I offended anyone I was not serious and in no way meant that new members are not wanted, just tried to be a little funny and well....sorry my bad.

Thank you Russell for the info and sounds like a great ride. Looks like I definitely can't make it happen this year. Being new I didn't think about or check the calendar so sorry about that. Also if I offended anyone I was not serious and in no way meant that new members are not wanted, just tried to be a little funny and well....sorry my bad.

No reason to be sorry it is my fault.

There is something very special about our events in Torrey Utah. Hard to explain, but if ya go be careful it can change your life. DAMHIK

The first three rounds are on me when we meet in Torrey.

L

[The first three rounds are on me when we meet in Torrey

I'm feeling sad too.....

I feel it too. I'll buy ya a drink Todd. I'm at the boulder view inn this time around.

[The first three rounds are on me when we meet in Torrey

I'm feeling sad too.....

I feel it too. I'll buy ya a drink Todd. I'm at the boulder view inn this time around.

Sweet!

Further description of the "Event"...

It is a gathering, not an event. Torrey, UT a small town, very quiet, a couple of good restaurants, some hamburger joints etc. No sponsors, no tents, no entertainment. Nothing being sold. No fees, no dues, just show up. No organized rides since someone might say "Hey, lets do Sweeper Madness again." Some people will go, some will not. Does not matter since no one is keeping score. Meet new friends you never knew you had, have a beer or a soft drink, eat a pizza on Friday night, etc.

Everybody welcome. Some really good roads around. To name a few... which google may find information on for you... Fish Lake Loop. Sweeper Madness, Boulder Mountain, Escalante, Burr Trail, Hell's Backbone, etc.

You are welcome to show up. Do not have to join anything. Just be there.

Archived