IGNORED

Can you hurt your "man" parts?

siclmn

I have had my new used KRS for a month now and have gone a thousand miles on it. I had the seat lowered so there is a real curve to it. After a six hour ride a week ago I have not felt like getting back on it for my "man parts have felt like I have injured them. I am hoping that this will just go away with time. Is this a common thing with new motorcycle riders?

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs

A little discomfort is perhaps normal, especially for a new rider taking a long ride, but the pain you're describing sounds like you need to get a new saddle made for you.

Do not ignore an such discomfort. See your doctor as soon as possible as you may have another condition that was agrivated by the ride. I've learned my lesson this year not to ignore what my body is telling me. Congestive heart failure, prostrate surgery & diabetes are a few of the things I went throughin 2005. I'm healthy and all is under control now. See your doc.

ShovelStrokeEd

The KRS is more prone to damage 'that' area than any bike other than the R1100S, which is my choice of ride. It is also, stock, one of the lowest seating bikes in the lineup. This leads me to the conclusion that you are a short person as you felt the need to lower the seat yet further.

Your problem is likely that you are scooting forward in the seat to reach the bars and not place too much weight on your hands. This is probably exacerbated by wrong technique in that you are trying to sit straight up and bending at the waist to reach the bars as, when static, that seems far easier.

The solution lies in scooting yourself rearward, removing your nads from danger, and learning to bend at the hips, not the waist. There is much more benefit to be had in proper foot positioning, with the balls of the feet on the pegs. Please do avail yourself of the search feature on the site and look up the writings of RD Frantz on this. I think the FAQ also presents the same information. A key might be "Master Yoda Riding Position".

I agree with what the others have said, but would add, that on longer rides (over 100 miles each way), I usually wear my Aerostich cyclist shorts. You can find them at any good sporting goods store too. Bicyclists wear them for the same reason... so they don't put too much pressure on "the boys". I find that over the course of a long ride with either boxers or briefs, as you slide around to stay comfortable, they can bunch up and feel almost like a kick to the groin. With the cyclist shorts, you wear those and nothing else except your riding pants over them. Of course, on a hot day, it looks a bit dorky when you take the riding pants off and you walk around with your riding boots and these lycra shorts. I usually keep a set of real shorts in the saddlebag to put over them. Before this RT, I had a K1200GT which is basically the same bike as your RS and found these shorts to be a lifesaver. They also help prevent "monkey butt", those prickly tingling feelings like your arse is going to sleep caused by seams of material bunch ups in your briefs and pants shutting off blood flow the certain areas.

Good luck... hope you can resolve this and get on to enjoying the ride more. You've got a great bike there!

Try not to brake too hard and concentrate on the road well ahead.

I had a college mate who was trapped by his "Bits" when he rear ended a car whilst riding his Lambretta Scooter eek.gifbncry.gif

Calvin  (no socks)

I sit almost on the tank. I squeeze the bike with my thighs. I have done 1100+ mile days. My thighs and other muscles took time to accomodate the width of the GT...I have had deep muscle strain.. No problem now....I jump on other bikes and I can't even tell they are there, no problem... the squeeze helps...

I've tried the cycling shorts, but found no advantage to them over going commando. Yep, just my jeans between me and the seat. No hair pulling, no bunching up, just comfortable riding for many miles. I'll save my cycling shorts for the recumbent.

I once had a Suzuki Intruder (very low point in my life) that inflicted pain in the groin after 64 miles of riding. The position was too cramped and various areas were in unnatural positions when seated. Now I know why the called it an "Intruder", it intruded into unwelcome territory.

I have had my new used KRS for a month now and have gone a thousand miles on it. I had the seat lowered so there is a real curve to it. After a six hour ride a week ago I have not felt like getting back on it for my "man parts have felt like I have injured them. I am hoping that this will just go away with time. Is this a common thing with new motorcycle riders?

A couple of years ago I tried an R1150 GS Adventure with the low seat option (read that as like sitting on an upward curving giant banana), the good thing was that I could flat foot the bike at a standstill, the bad thing was I felt the way you seem to eek.gif....So I bought the bike with a standard seat. wink.gif

BTW, The KGT seat is perfect for me, I find it even better than on my old R1150RT thumbsup.gif

Hi,

There is literature out there that bicycle or motorcycle riding can cause prostatitis(inflammation of the prostate)

If you have persistent symptoms you should consider seeing your Primary care provider or a Urologist.

Also some literature reports that the PSA test for prostate cancer can be elevated by M/C or bicycle riding.

Might be a good idea to lay off of both for a while,prior to your yearly physical,if you are in the mid 50+age group or have a family history.

JR356

I agree with the seating arrangement. The R1200ST was a totaly new bike for me and posed a much different riding position and comfort change for the family jewel's but so far has not posed to be a problem. Definately try a different seat arrangement, possibly start with adjusting that seat in various positions smile.gif

This problem is just like the problem with bicycle seats. To much direct pressure for too long a period of time. A custom seat or taking your curent seat and scooping out a "comfort chasnnel" will help relieve the direct pressure. More breaks and stretches as you ride will help increase circulation to this critical anatomical area.

Archived