IGNORED

Tank broke his leg...

Twisties

Tomarrow the Doc will release me to the world and recovery, More news as the healing progresses

Great news - glad to see your post and hoping each update will be how quickly you are recovering! :thumbsup:

Tomarrow the Doc will release me to the world and recovery, More news as the healing progresses

Is helping someone move (carrying boxes and appliances and furniture and the like) on your list for recovery? :-)

My guess is it isn't but had to check. I can still make room for the Duck in my garage and ride it a bit to make sure it doesn't get rusty or dried up - I would even pick it up if you can't bring it down....

Gute Besserung!!!

cheers

He is bedded down and Nancy and Gar's place. The nurses didn't want to let him go, he had them laughing so hard, but in the end he escaped. He's getting around really well and seems comfortable. He gets to sleep out with the bikes, so his dreams should be good!

I think Bill needs one of those little subtitles under his name, where it says "member" right now... Sylva Menard (Berkley, UnRally VI Co-organizer) said something regarding this that has stuck in my mind and seems fitting, "Grit f'real" Has ring to it...

Dennis Andress

40 miles with a broken leg? Is that like: Hold my beer and watch this?

Wish I'd been there to help. Like Ed said, physical therapy is the key.

Tank, Big Hugs to you and all my best wishes for a quick recovery. Take care of yourself - knowing you, you'll be back on feet (and your bike) in record time.

I'm glad you're in good hands up there - good thinking to talk all those good people to moving to Brookings! :clap:

Late to this party.

Glad to hear you were released.

Nothing but good wishes for a quick and complete healing.

Good JuJu from a long way away.

I wish I could say that without photos it didn't happen..... Gary's first thought when we made it out of the mountains was..... Bill , can you make it back for a few photos? Cracked me up, At least we know whats important.

Many have asked what happened... Well Joe asked and most other just wondered.

Steep downhill (for me) loose cree on broken rock jeep trail... front end washed out twice, caught the first one lost the second.

In thinking and reliving the day in my mind, with my riding experience on that type road, I wish I had had the forethought to stop at the top and choose a line that could have changed everything. I believe my problems began with my finding myself on the lower side of the road, had I stopped and than stayed to the top of the road... it would have turned out differently (I think).

I do know that riding solo in the hills is something I shall not do in the future as I used to. I would not have gotten out without Garys help in righting the bike and than stabilizing the bike as I got on to ride out.

Thanks again everyone for the thoughts, big + for all staff of ambulances and hospitals.

The line is everything Tank, heal up, and you can pick another one. Thanks to Gar, and the others, I couldn't pick much better buds to be around if I went down.

Bored, really bored, guess I'll watch some old motogp later......... again.

First I'll finish cleaning some scaffling Gary and I picked up on Crags list, go get some planks for it , post office, library, pick up work check..... yawn.

Yep , bored

The big question is......

How the hell are we gonna get you to Beatty in November? :thumbsup:

Don J :wave:

Maybe Don.... as yet no plans till I straiten out my job of work on or about Sept.20 when I should be able to return. This last month was NOT how I expected to be offwork without paycheck... November, fingers crossed

Blind Squirrel
I do know that riding solo in the hills is something I shall not do in the future as I used to. I would not have gotten out without Garys help in righting the bike and than stabilizing the bike as I got on to ride out.

I rode solo quite a lot going to/from events and local back roads. That is why I have a SPOT Tracker on my right shoulder. The annual fee is pricy, but to me worth it. Gives both the Mrs. and me peace of mind.

• 2 weeks later...

BILL! Wow, I have been "MOVING" since July 20 and had no idea. I am glad you are doing better and will be healed soon. I am almost your neighbor now, we are back living in Redding after being absent for 30 years. I will be coming to visit soon.

Greg, that is so cool... your moving into the redding area. As you know there are many great roads between you and I / wahoo
We are moved, just not moved in, that takes time. Yes, lots of good riding up this way. We will be riding together now and then. :clap:
Greg, that is so cool... your moving into the redding area. As you know there are many great roads between you and I / wahoo
We are moved, just not moved in, that takes time. Yes, lots of good riding up this way. We will be riding together now and then. :clap:

:clap::thumbsup:

Archived