IGNORED

Really Poor job of Braking (Not Work Friendly)

eddd

Like Bill Cosby used to say: "First you SAY it. Then you DO it!"

That numbnut learned a valuable lesson: There's more to riding fast than twisting the throttle. aka When learning to ride fast, the first thing you must learn is how to stop.

Here endeth the lesson.

russell_bynum
I think he was relying on his open mouth and utterances to create enough drag to stop him... :dopeslap:

lol.

I can't see that he ever braked...until the very end anyway. And then it seemed like maybe a couple of butt-wags like he was locked up on the rear but not using the front.

Certainly from the first "sh*t" he had more than enough time to deal with the problem.

Lighthiker90

After learning to stop, I believe the second thing they teach is to look way down the road/track for problems. Pretty hard to miss two parked trucks if you are looking.

There is sort of a wiggle to the left, as if maybe he toyed with the idea of swerving onto the left shoulder. Possibly indecision delayed or interfered with his braking.

I agree with Lighthiker... it is hard to figure how he didn't have vision and planning to deal with this. I can only imagine that weaving through traffic at that speed differential demanded that he devote too much attention to what was close to him.

russell_bynum
I agree with Lighthiker... it is hard to figure how he didn't have vision and planning to deal with this. I can only imagine that weaving through traffic at that speed differential demanded that he devote too much attention to what was close to him.

He did at least recongize the problem...in way more than enough time to do something about it. He just chose to say sh*t repeatedly instead of doing something more productive.

He did at least recongize the problem...in way more than enough time to do something about it. He just chose to say sh*t repeatedly instead of doing something more productive.

Yep, I agree.

It seems almost like a target fixation.

I can only imagine that weaving through traffic at that speed differential demanded that he devote too much attention to what was close to him.

WRONG! Evidently you've never done 165 miles in an hour fifty five with twenty odd miles off interstate with lights. I have, & don't mind admitting it. Point is, running that much faster than traffic requires looking ahead & planning accordingly.

Racers look ahead of the one, or group, they are passing, as do good street riders.

Last thought, poetic justice that the trucks rear wheels ran over his bike. Hope he learned from it, but I doubt it.

motorman587

Good points, also notice the brake lights on the vehicles that he is going around?? SCAN!!! He is lucky not have rolled underneath the big rigs tires.

Looks like a failed lane splitting attempt to me.

I wouldn't have had the balls to attempt it at crawl speed. Sixty feet of nowhere to go but under truck tires is no bueno.

russell_bynum

I wouldn't have had the balls to attempt it at crawl speed. Sixty feet of nowhere to go but under truck tires is no bueno.

Not enough width, either.

Nah...I don't think this was a splitting attempt. I think he just locked up at the controls and flew the airplane into the ground.

Nah...I don't think this was a splitting attempt. I think he just locked up at the controls and flew the airplane into the ground.

Yup, that was my analysis. If he had braked, he would have been slow enough to have options, even if he couldn't come to a complete stop. Even better, if he had been looking ahead, he would have realized he had run out of road a whole lot sooner, and could have stopped, or split between the trucks. (There was enough room, maybe a foot to spare. An experienced splitter could have done it. How often do you see trucks sideswipe each other at 3 mph?)

Control lock and brain freeze in a panic could have been accentuated by illicit and/or legal substances on board.

Archived