IGNORED

Any SERTAO owners?

bayoubengal

bayoubengal

Wasn't willing to give up the wind protection of my 06 RT but wanted a DS/Adv lite, so I added a new Sertao yesterday. Anyone? Buehler?

Owned it's grandad and if we ever meet, you have my permission to kick me in the arse for trading it. :grin: Some moans and groans about the engine not being built by Rotax in Austria but haven't heard any negatives on the subject. Adventure on! :thumbsup:

100_0697.jpg

Pat

Wasn't willing to give up the wind protection of my 06 RT but wanted a DS/Adv lite, so I added a new Sertao yesterday. Anyone? Buehler?

Hutch, I tried to sit on one and couldn't touch the ground. Hear it's a great bike tho. Enjoy it!

roadscholar

It's very similar to the Dakar (mostly cosmetic differences), which is a great do-it-all bike, pretty good off road, pretty good onroad. Don't know if you can retrofit the early Dakar screen with the flip top, but it sheds far more air than it would appear.

I'm betting it changes your perspective on motorcycling somewhat.

202-L.jpg

bayoubengal

Will be around Sat thru Tuesday then to ATL for recurrent Wed - Fri. We're you on I-75 between Macon and McDonough today?

bayoubengal

And Bill I really like it thus far. I grew up a dirt biker so Im looking for ways to get it dirty. I do plan on a new windscreen and will look into that... A few other mods first.

Will be around Sat thru Tuesday then to ATL for recurrent Wed - Fri. We're you on I-75 between Macon and McDonough today?

Not me. PM me your phone #. Got a new phone and lost half the #'s in the transfer. Wx stinks this week, should get better next week or so.

• 4 weeks later...

The Sertao was too tall for me. I went with a 2013 G650GS. I have over 5000 miles on it since last winter. She's not quite the off road machine of the Sertao because of less suspension but I love it. Same engine. Fuel injection, ABS, great on the highway and mild off road.

I guess I am the guy that bought the one sold in the US. I enjoy it very much. I added hard crash bags to it. So now I only get 65 MPG.

The only issue is you must start the bike in neutral. Also throw the original battery as far away as possible. Get one with real power.

I also have a RT for major road trips.

dirt%201-XL.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
I guess I am the guy that bought the one sold in the US. I enjoy it very much. I added hard crash bags to it. So now I only get 65 MPG.

The only issue is you must start the bike in neutral. Also throw the original battery as far away as possible. Get one with real power.

I also have a RT for major road trips.

Bill what battery did you go to? I put a Shorai in my RT and I'm putting them in my ATVs but have no reports of G650s with them...

Archived