IGNORED

Preaching to the choir? Please share this:

doc47

She's a pretty amazing young lady. I interviewed her for our local club newsletter a few years back. Admirable spirit and passion for motorcycling.

Having just been in an accident 30 days ago this article sure hits home. I was side swiped at 40 mph, knocked unconscious and slid into a curb. Fortunately I was in full riding gear and my skin damage was limited to a spot the size of a quarter. It is so sad to see what this young lady had to go thru because she didn't dress for the ride that day. I may forward that to my daughter who thinks having a V twin means you can't wear safety gear. Showing her my helmet and Roadcrafter after the accident hasn't swayed her much. Telling her the joys of broken ribs didn't work or the fact that her father wasn't doing anything wrong that day, he was just at the wrong place at the wrong time but... he thought ahead, considered the risks and put on protective gear that day. slap slap slap!!!

I may forward that to my daughter who thinks having a V twin means you can't wear safety gear.

Good on ya. You can never love them too much to be a pain about it.

I have given this article to more people that I can remember, even gone so far as to pit it up in a bike shop waiting rooms just because.

Archived