IGNORED

LDComfort Long Sleeve shirt to beat the heat..

Bob Foley

Living in Florida, I have been looking for a solution to riding in high temperatures. I think I have found the answer. After watching a video on Utube, I decided to go for it.

1. A long sleeve medium weight shirt(sounds crazy)

2. A textile non-mesh jacket(you must be kidding)

Wet the shirt avoiding the last four inches of the bottom of the shirt. Then open the sleeve cuff of your jacket to allow a small amount of airflow up your sleeve. You will be amazed at the amount of cool air that will be circulating inside the jacket. Two things I learned when the temp was 95 are if you stop for any length of time get your jacket off as quickly as you can and carry a medium size spray bottle with you to wet the shirt about every hour and a half. I cancelled the idea of using bathroom sinks for obvious reasons! I hope this setup works great for you-BF

Guest Kakugo

Instead of a spray bottle you can carry around a medium-large refrigerator bag. Inexpensive, holds water well (and when it start leaking you have another dozen or so spares) and takes away no room.

Bob,

When using my cooling vest I carry a small trash bag.

That way I can use sinks as the vest is just getting water on it, no contact with sink.

Plus the bag doubles as boot cover to slide rain gear on faster.

For your need it should work fine.

Have had similar conversations numerous times w/riders, usually on a large cruiser, wrt staying cool, jacket/no jacket, etc.

Many think short sleeve cotton T shirt is the answer.

Some even favor shorts.

:lurk:

Thanks Tim for your input. If I ever rode in a short sleeve shirt and shorts there would be numerous laughter related accidents!!!Mainly because of my massive muscles..

One one of the moderators please correct my grammer on my post right before Tallman. thanks

• 5 months later...

When I need to add water to my cooling vest, I just pull into a local convenience store, buy a gallon of water for about a buck. put it in the trash sack I carry, and let it sit for about 5 minutes. No sinks for me.

• 4 weeks later...

been using LDC stuff for about three years now with great happiness in warm just hose it down sometimes we just pour water from our drinking bottle dowm back and sleeves. makes great base layer for cooler weather also..

Archived