IGNORED

Welcome to WetHeads!

AndyS

I'm rarely first at anything, but posting on the WetHeads - I must be nearly first!

I have heard of a few issues such as rapid clutch failure and short rear pad life.

Anything we should look out for?

I'm rarely first at anything, but posting on the WetHeads - I must be nearly first!

I have heard of a few issues such as rapid clutch failure and short rear pad life.

+1

:lurk:

It will be great 'WetHead Reading'

I wonder how the switchgear compares? At least with the clutch failures, it's easier to fix. :) May be Barnett will come out with something. :lurk:

So, any final drive problems with these bikes?

Drive shaft problems?

Weird brake or reservoir issues?

How about oil and coolant? Will just any oil and coolant work, or must there be something very special for the Wetheads? Wetoil?

I'll bet they need special tires too. Anyone gotten 40,000 miles out of a set of factory stock tires on a Wethead yet?

I'll bet the stocker shocks wear out in under 5,000 miles, if not while wheeling it out of the dealers parking lot on day 1!

Man, so many Q&A's. I'll bet this thread will be hot for a few years!

Inquiring minds need to know the facts, pseudo facts, rumors, out and out lies, and all the other good gossip on the WETHEAD BMW! :grin::dopeslap:

- Scott

Make the avatar a little bigger, so you can see the redesigned intake and exhaust.

you don't need to because you can see the cam cover bolt locations are different to the Hex Head.

• 2 months later...

+1

:lurk:

It will be great 'WetHead Reading'

:thumbsup:
  • 3 weeks later...

After an absence of 10 months I'm back in the BMW family. It feels great to be back!! Proud owner of a 2013 R1200GSW and am now starting the farkling process!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
...and the new recommended oil is $15 / qt.

Pretty much the same as Starbucks coffee.

Anyone had the rocker cover off to see if the valve adjustment is the same as the 10's dual ohc's? ...slip the fingers out change the shim...

• 2 months later...

It is really good to see the conversations on the Wethead site starting to kick off.

Already we are starting to get some useful stuff for potential new owners.

The excitement continues to build!

• 2 weeks later...

I am new to the forum. I purchased a BMW 2014 RT on Wednesday. I arrived back home today after the 600 miles of smiles. After my service on Tuesday, I will be adding more miles to my new grey beauty! Now, the fun begins buying all the farkles. :wave:

Welcome Mile Hound. enjoy your new bike. I think the new bikes are wonderful. However I love my 1150rt so much in terms of styling and all round simplicity ( now it has had the servo removed), I don,t think I will be able to part with it just yet. BUT, I do think this is the best RT BMW have produced ...in the last 9 years! :rofl:

:wave:Thanks AndyS for your kind words of welcome. I also like the styling of the new 2014 RT but with all the electronics, I can't describe my grey beauty as simple.

Archived