IGNORED

Randy Austin - in hosptial

Bob Palin

As many of you will know Randy is the owner of the Chuckwagon in Torrey where we gather twice a year. He had a blood clot in his leg and there has been some damage, he will probably lose the leg. He is in critical but stable condition in a hospital in Murray Utah now. Please don't disturb his family but I'm sure they would all appreciate your good wishes and thoughts here and on Facebook.

Randy - you're a tough old goat - get out of there!

(This is all public information posted by the family on Facebook.)

Thank you Bob. I am very sorry to ready this, but appreciate the heads up. I wish Randy a speedy and positive recovery. What a blow, but he will plow through this. I am sure of that. Be well Randy!

On my last ride to Colorado, I decided at the last minute to stretch my ride past SLC one evening and to go all the way to Torrey. Alas, there was no room at the CW, so Randy invited me to stay at his home that evening. That's just the kind of person he is.

Be well, my friend. We're all here supporting you.

I only met Randy once (our only Torrey trip) but had an enjoyable chat. We're hoping and praying all comes out well. I plan to return to Torrey and really want to see you by the pool again Randy. All the best.

Only been lucky enough to stay at the Chuckwagon twice, but Randy was an excellent host/proprietor. Best wishes for his recovery and for his family.

Michael Cassidy

WOW...not good news :(. We will be pulling for you Randy and sending good thoughts and a lot of positive zen to both you and your family.

I wish Randy all the best in what must surely be a very difficult situation. I've been to the Torrey gathering twice and liked it so much I returned two other times with my wife. Hang in there, Randy.

Randy had another long surgery today, he has had almost all of one leg removed due to the clot. The surgeon feels it went well although they had to remove more. Randy will remain under sedation for at least another 48 hours while they assess his condition.

Joe Frickin' Friday
Randy had another long surgery today, he has had almost all of one leg removed due to the clot. The surgeon feels it went well although they had to remove more. Randy will remain under sedation for at least another 48 hours while they assess his condition.

I guess there are worse ways to be, but man, that's got to be a hard thing to take. I hope things improve for him going forward from here.

No bueno but I bet he can still kick my ass with only one leg!

I was thinking the same thing Adam.

Heal quickly Randy.. My ass will need a good kicking at Fall Torrey..

Les is more

So many healing and loving thoughts coming your way from here in San Diego, Randy. You and your hospitality to all of us are unparalleled!

Ahhh man, thatsucksabunch , We in Oregon sends the healing thoughts to you Randy... Look forward to seeing you in the fall

Ahhh man, thatsucksabunch , We in Oregon sends the healing thoughts to you Randy... Look forward to seeing you in the fall

what Bill said Randy. Rest up and get well soon. With your spirit this will be just a small bump in the road. Prayers and thoughts to you and your family.

Although we have never met.. Randy, My thoughts are with you and your recovery. Perhaps one day in the near future I could make Torrey and do so.

Bob

Randy is now conscious again (he was sedated) and can open his eyes and hear. He is on a ventilator so can't speak but the doctor has said he is strong enough to come off it, now just have to persuade the family they want him to speak...

:grin:

Whew! That is some good news. Thank you Bob!!

Stay strong Randy! Think of you and your family often. Looking forward to your continued progress and healing. HUGS

barryNmarin

Hang in there Randy! I'm really looking forward to seeing you in September. You are a tough... uh .... rascal so hang in there! Keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.

Barry & Katy

• 2 weeks later...

Randy is still in the ICU but he's off the ventilator and his sense of humour is apparently intact, he's giving the nurses a hard time!

russell_bynum
Randy is still in the ICU but he's off the ventilator and his sense of humour is apparently intact, he's giving the nurses a hard time!

:thumbsup:

Thanks for update.

Still in our thoughts and sending positive energy his way.

+1

Still in ICU. Wow man.

Let's see ICU .. on call massage, morning sponge bath, meals in bed, nurses willing to bring you stuff, except for the reason he is in there LIFE is good.

Hopefully soon Randy, they will get you back Torrey where you belong

• 3 weeks later...

Just heard from Randy's daughter Joyce. He is out of ICU but will be in the hospital at least another two weeks. He's much better and getting physical therapy and giving the staff a hard time.

You can send cards etc to

Randy Austin

Room 1206

Intermountain Medical Care

5121 South Cottonwood Street

Murray, Utah 84157

The hospital has a volunteer run gift shop for flowers and other gifts - (801) 507-5130

You can email him from a form on this page

https://intermountainhealthcare.org/hospitals/imed/contactus/Pages/email-patient-ssl.aspx

I'm not sure if he has his own computer with him.

PhillyFlash

Wishing you a speedy recovery, Randy. Looking forward to seeing you in September, sitting in front of the Chuckwagon, BS-ing with the crew.

russell_bynum
Wishing you a speedy recovery, Randy. Looking forward to seeing you in September, sitting in front of the Chuckwagon, BS-ing with the crew.

...wearing your d*cknose glasses, of course.

I took it upon myself to call Randy, now that he's out of ICU, on behalf of all of the members of this board who hold him as our friend. He was in decent spirits, and told me he is being moved to a rehab facility in Richfield, UT, on Friday. This will be much closer to his home in Torrey/Teasdale, and will make it easier for friends and family to visit him.

He says he's going to learn how to use a wheelchair, and will then be fitted for a prosthetic and will learn to use a walker. It's going to be a big change for him, but he says he's good with it and glad to still be around.

I let him know that he had been in all our prayers and thoughts, and that we look forward seeing him this Fall in Torrey. He's looking forward to it, too.

.he is being moved to a rehab facility in Richfield, UT, on Friday.

I wonder if he isn't going to tell Joyce :grin:

Get well soon, Randy! Good grief, where have I been on this thread? Not sure if we will be able to make Fall Torrey, but we'll be there in spirit. Heal well, friend!

Archived