IGNORED

'95 1100GS - Craigslist Find Advice

areyouolsen

areyouolsen

I have a buddy looking for a GS and he sent me this craigslist find, asking for advice.

Bottom Line: '95 1100GS, 38k mi, ABS, heated grips, recovered seat, new battery, battery charger, PIAA aux lights.

Asking $4400

http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/mcy/3814849159.html

I told him the guy is asking about $1k too much, but $3800 would still be a decent price.

Any advice for me to pass on??

/no, this "friend" isn't me.

//with a small amount of arm-twisting, it could be...

///now how to convince the wife???

Those are very, very, very desirable models.

I think the priced is good.

Know a man who is original owner w/one who turns down that much all the time and his odo is over 100,00+.

Anyone looking for one...

the 5 speed transmission is great for slower speed riding, lots of torque and a lack of the surging issues around the 1150. That and they only made them a few years.

szurszewski
Those are very, very, very desirable models.

I think the priced is good.

That's certainly less than one could expect to pay up here in the PNW for that bike. Similar models a bit new and with maybe aftermarket luggage (but not lights) show up here on CL for a couple/few thousand more and aren't usually there for long this time of year.

areyouolsen

Right on. Thanks for the info, guys! That's what I love about the Internet - being one degree of separation from someone who knows more. Never get tired of learning!!

As someone that is looking for a GS, I too am curious about the 1100 over the 1150.

Quick background..in the last 3 years I've owned a 2000 RT and a 94 RS. Just got rid of the RS a month ago and really want a GS.

I was looking for an early 1150 simply because of a little extra grunt and I missed the 6th gear on my 1100's. There are a fair amount of 1100 GS's around here but I haven't given them enough attention because I was looking for an 1150.

Maybe I need to change my viewpoint.

Oh, and to the OP.....that is a great price on the 1100 and a beautiful bike!

areyouolsen

Giddyup! Just loaded my wheel chock and ramp into the back of my buddy's truck. Looks like we're goin riding this weekend!

Giddyup! Just loaded my wheel chock and ramp into the back of my buddy's truck. Looks like we're goin riding this weekend!

Another convert! :clap:

Archived