IGNORED

Excited Chatter Thread

Bud

Didn't see one so I thought I would start one.

Anyone else getting excited about Blowing Rock, seeing old friends, meeting new ones, wearing the chicken strips off your tires, looking for a "Tunnel of Death", finding new adult beverages, avoiding performance awards, finding good BBQ, telling stories on other members, and etc?????? :wave:

Really, really looking forward to this.

After the HeleNBack2 trip, I want to see if there are more GS than RT in this parking lot too...

After the HeleNBack2 trip, I want to see if there are more GS than RT in this parking lot too...

Most likely, especially if it rains. Don't want to get those GS's wet.

:rofl:

There will always be one RT in the lot unless I find a way to get 6 inches added to my inseam or they make a GS with a 29 inch seat height.

There will always be one RT in the lot unless I find a way to get 6 inches added to my inseam or they make a GS with a 29 inch seat height.

You need to find Mrs. Turk's cobbler then you can be a Jacqueline booted hooligan!

And one GT.

But not b'cuz the GS is too tall.

:rofl: (I can flatfoot a GSA on its centerstand)

Beth and I are spending the weekend before the UN in Boone.

Will visit our property on Beech Mountain and look for other early arrivals riding the mountains.

Been a long time for us and we are so looking forward to this...

I was originally scheduled to be there the Friday before UN, June 21. However, my oldest son has one week off from school this summer and Yes it is June 21 - 28. He is flying in from Colorado to visit with us. So I am hoping to ride up Wed, and at least have supper. then Thurs breakfast and head back home. We will see.

And one GT.

Will visit our property on Beech Mountain and look for other early arrivals riding the mountains.

Might see you as I will be at the RA rally and will be riding the back roads.

Excited - indeed I am! :thumbsup:

I'll be there Tues - Friday, however, if workload permits hope to spend the weekend before the UN in Boone or someplace close as well!

Looking forward to seeing you both.

Bob, you know the GT, we're at the Best Western in Boone.

Still owe you for looking out for Beth when Richard and I went on a rescue run to get Shaman at UN X.

I know the black RS so we'll keep an eye out ferya.

:wave:

I may see you guys in Boone. I usually hang out at Stick Boy Bakery.

Great coffee and bake goods.

Should be there after Thursday or Friday, KOA Boone.

I certainly can't wait. Beside being there and enjoying ourselves hanging out with friends, riding great roads, telling lies about the rides more as I have more drinks, eating to ensure my waistline doesn't shrink any, and taking in wonderful sights will also mean that our move is over! Can't wait!

I have a 29" inseam, and can flat foot a GS with the low suspension option and the low seat. On the other hand, I had a test ride on a 2013 GS800 (also low suspension) a few months ago, and fell in love with it. Very smooth, light, and with a cushy suspension. When my RT becomes too much too handle, I can see one of these in my future.

Nice n Easy Rider
Bob, you know the GT, we're at the Best Western in Boone.

Still owe you for looking out for Beth when Richard and I went on a rescue run to get Shaman at UN X.

I know the black RS so we'll keep an eye out ferya.

Tim, bring your own CO monitor. :(

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57588592-504083/n.c-hotel-deaths-update-carbon-monoxide-found-in-room-where-3-died-over-2-months-officials-say/

I may see you guys in Boone. I usually hang out at Stick Boy Bakery.

Great coffee and bake goods.

Should be there after Thursday or Friday, KOA Boone.

Just found out that I can make the UN, yeah! Rooming with Bob Foley (hope he snores "quieter" than Frank) ! :D

See you all Tuesday and Coffee with Bernie on Wed AM in preparation for a great couple of days in the mountains! :clap:

FWIW, the BW is "cloed", uncertain of time to reopen.

Transfered next door to The Country Inn so still in Boone.

We're taking the long way up, prolly coouple of 400 mile days to get there Saturday.

Checking out Tuesday and moving to Blowing Rock.

The time is going by UNbelieveably s-l-o-w-l-y...

looking at pics of Whiteface and the Nantahala.

[

Ha, so can I . . . one foot at a time. :rofl:

Since we're just back from Alaska (where I drove ~3500 miles in a rented car), my energy level could be higher, and I'm feeling a little travelled out. If the weather forecast improves, I'm probably still in for Unrally XII.

Regardless, if anybody needs a bed for an overnight stay on the way to the Unrally, PM me. We have a paved driveway, enclosed garage, some tools, and a clothes dryer. House is on a very narrow (twisty, but paved) road about 8 miles outside downtown Dahlonega, ~250 miles from Boone (depending on route taken). :grin:

You have nearly 2 weeks to recover. We expect to see you there, darn it! ;)

June 25 will be my 67th birthday. I'm not Paul.

Well, I'm fighting a case of poison ivy and off to the DR to get some drugs.

And I sold my Kermit chair and bought a lighter one.

flex lite chair

Hoping the peg extensions will be here in time for me to leave.

Starting to get excited!!!

New rear PR-3 mounted. Top case located and installed, tent dug put of deep storage.

Grass trimmed. Working on the fish tanks, cleaning out poop.

Can't wait for Wednesday early AM departure.

New tires on the Ninja yesterday. New tires on the 1100R Wednesday. After that, adjust the sag on the Ninja and we are ready to roll!

Leaving by 0600 on Sat.

New rear PR-3 mounted. Top case located and installed, tent dug put of deep storage.

You are leaving a week early? It's not that far from FL> :wave:

Us FL boys ride slooowwwww.

I think you FL boys sometimes lie a little bit. :grin:

I look forward to chasing you next week Bernie. :thumbsup:

I'm hoping to leave Wednesday as well, but stopping by the RA Rally at the Builtmore for a few days before heading up to the UN.

I also ride slow in NC. Remember I'm from Illinois, 318 Miles - 11 Curves :grin:

Bike finally loaded like a pack mule. Lol

GPS programmed. Leaving at dark thirty, next stop N-GA/W-NC.

Stay safe and don't do anything crazy until I get there! :grin:

Darn, it's been a while since I have tried to pack an RT for an extended trip. Either the bike has gotten smaller or I'm just bringing more and more unnecessary crap. :dopeslap:

I'm going to bed and make another run at it tomorrow.

Perhaps I will pack like I do for a canoe trip to the Boundary Waters, two sets of clothes, one wet, one dry. :rofl:

New brakes, new rear tire, new oil, and a new (to me) house. Now only to get rid of the old one and I'm there! Man, I can't wait.

In Dillard, GA, first day riding a success. No pictures. But maybe some video.

Still have another 2 days of work, grass to cut, and a couple of minor things to do on the bike on Saturday before heading out early Sunday morning. No pictures or video. :grin:

In Dillard, GA, first day riding a success. No pictures. But maybe some video.

I am guessing breakfast at the Cupboard Cafe?

Lineareagle

Route loaded into the GPS, hmm 22hours to go 845 miles. All back roads and small villages. Taking in Falling Water on the way down so that will be several down hours.

This is going to be my most leisurely trip ever and it won't be easy to keep it leisurely. I have a real tendency to crank out the miles once I saddle up.

Wish me luck. Three days to do 845 miles! Practice for a Euro tour? :Cool:

Three days to do 845 miles! Practice for a Euro tour? :Cool:

I usually push the miles if I am within 700 - 800 miles to my destination. However, when I stretch it into 2 or 3 days and find a great road I turnaround and ride it the other way and then forward again to be sure it was truly a great road! :grin:

Have a safe and great ride - see you in a couple of days.

Georgi and I are leaving tomorrow at 0600. We still have grass to cut and some mulch to spread. And yes I am going to wash the bikes. :grin: I find it to be a very good way to give them a close examination from top to bottom. And when I am done, the bikes are clean!

Looking forward to a relaxing trip!

Nice n Easy Rider

96 hours from now I should be on my way. On the one hand, being only 3 hours away makes it easy to get there. :) On the other hand, also makes it too easy to put an extra day in at work. :(

See you all on Tuesday. :thumbsup:

96 hours from now I should be on my way. On the one hand, being only 3 hours away makes it easy to get there. :) On the other hand, also makes it too easy to put an extra day in at work. :(

See you all on Tuesday. :thumbsup:

See you there George. We leave Sunday but we're doing Skyline Drive and the BRP on the way down so we'll get in Tuesday.

Archived