IGNORED

Switching Headlamp Off

Clive Liddell

Clive Liddell

A friend has lost the instructions I printed for him and I have forgotten the secret handshake to do this. Please could someone help!

Hi Clive!

"With the ignition on, and the bike not started yet, press the "indicator cancel" button for five seconds. Then press the "left indicator" button for five seconds. Now start the bike."

Should also work with the engine running.

Save me a trip thru the snow to the shop to answer my question guys...

Do you continue to depress the 'signal cancel' switch while pressing the right (or left?) turn indicator switch for 5 secs..

Or release the 'cancel'after 5 secs, THEN press the right (or left?)indicator switch for 5 secs...

I was trial loading the bike on the trailer (new trailer...) yesterday in preperation for my hoped for journey to Daytona in March and it would have been nice to not have a kagellion lumens reflection back in my face while I tried to see where the flipping side stand was, up or down.

Thanks in advance!!!

Jim

Or release the 'cancel'after 5 secs, THEN press the right (or left?)indicator switch for 5 secs...

1. Hold down the cancel switch for 5 seconds. Then release.

2. Immediately hold down the right blinker switch for 5 seconds - or until you see the headlights turn off.

Note that if you don't hold the cancel switch in long enough, the blinkers will come on when you hit the blinker switch.

Archived