IGNORED

Baehr, Autocom, or ? on R12RT?

CJPilot

Anyone have any experience connecting an intercom to the R12RT? Is one any better than the other? Specificly want to interface the factory radio and a non-factory GPS to my helmet. Will be installing the Tourtech TPS 15 to provide power and will mount the GPS to a Motorrand shelf.

Anyone have any experience connecting an intercom to the R12RT? Is one any better than the other? Specificly want to interface the factory radio and a non-factory GPS to my helmet. Will be installing the Tourtech TPS 15 to provide power and will mount the GPS to a Motorrand shelf.

tons of prior posts on intercoms.... try a search on Autocoms

I use autcom and I am very happy...

have Sirius,GPS,Cellphone and Rhino radio hooked up as well as rider 2 rider comm.

You can easily wire in an Autocom to the TPS15 (which bypasses the CANbus system). Wiring the factory radio into your Autocom requires Autocom Part #66. You tap into the speaker lead wires with it, then the other end just plugs right into the Autocom's music port. As for the GPS, Autocom has interface cables that are plug-n-play for most of the popular GPS systems.

It's simple, and best of all, Autocom Works. I've got a 6-year-old Pro-M1 (predecessor to the Pro-7 and two generations removed from the new Autocom products that are about to be released). Even still, I have XM radio, radar detector, a police scanner and B2B communication and it all integrates flawlessly and has for more than half a decade and 85,000 miles. Talk about getting your money's worth!

Yesterday, our dealership did an Autocom installation on an R1200RT. Interfaced the Autocom with the factory radio, added an iPod connection, plus a radar detector, plus a BMW GPSII+, and then added B2B communication. Absolutely awesome integration.

Fernando: What brand of B2B communication was installed?

The customer brought in his own Motorola FRS radio. It was the model with the single-pin interface port. We interfaced it to the Autocom using Part #113. Plug, plug, play.

Archived