IGNORED

MSF BRC Materials

Matts_12GS

Matts_12GS

My girlfriend and pillion has asked about some basic training on operating my bike in case we're riding someplace and I get sick, hurt etc and cannot ride so she won't be stranded. Or, like Eddd, can leave me for dead like Whip. :rofl:

I've never taken the MSF basic course, but I was wondering if anyone might have a basic syllabus I could skim for objectives I can cover with her. She plans to take the BRC with her son later this year but until his birthday she'd like to get a little bit of basic operating stuff down.

Can anyone hook me up?

szurszewski

I think my wife still has her circa 2007 materials at home - if no one hooks you up before I get home and have time to look later today, I'll see what I can do.

josh

Glenn Reed

Here is one copy I found on Ohio's website.

"Edition 7.1, Third Printing: January 2008"

There are probably more current versions, but the msf-usa site is really slow today.

Glenn Reed
Quite welcome! Say hi to Ashley for me.

Will do, and you can do the same at the UN

That would be kind of difficult, since I am not planning on attending. I thought about it, but it did not make it into my schedule. RCR and FART are still on the probable list.

If you just take her out to a parking lot and let her practice using the clutch on a bike. Nothing fancy, just straight line, clutch in and out, pontoon your feet until you get a sense of balance. Work up to braking and then Walmart turns. She'll be ahead of 3/4ths of the class who have never driven a straight shift car.

----

Matts_12GS

That's a good point Bob, and is really my intent. I just have not idea what they teach so I figured I'd look and see.

Bill_Walker

If your relationship is like most SO relationships, you'll be far better off if you send her to an MSF course and let somebody else do the teaching.

Matts_12GS
If your relationship is like most SO relationships, you'll be far better off if you send her to an MSF course and let somebody else do the teaching.
that happens later. She really just wants to know the basics, not ride her own.

Hi Matt,

I'll see if I can grab a spare book next time I teach. They're going to take the class with JMST, right?

My girlfriend and pillion has asked about some basic training on operating my bike in case we're riding someplace and I get sick, hurt etc and cannot ride so she won't be stranded. Or, like Eddd, can leave me for dead like Whip. :rofl:

Dibs on the GS if she takes the left for dead option. :Cool:

Matts_12GS
Hi Matt,

I'll see if I can grab a spare book next time I teach. They're going to take the class with JMST, right?

It'll be you or Ken Lucius, I don't trust anyone else to teach them. Do I hear private class opening up for two?

Matts_12GS

Despite dating me, she's a woman of class and breeding who would certainly keep the GS were I to be left for dead! :dopeslap:

Lone_RT_rider

Despite dating me, she's a woman of class and breeding who would certainly keep the GS were I to be left for dead! :dopeslap:

Class, breeding and.....GS? Yeah....I want some of what you've been drinking. ;)

Matts_12GS
Class, breeding and.....GS? Yeah....I want some of what you've been drinking. ;)

It's a very special kool-aid.

I mean, she's even owned more than one German car! :rofl:

If I were you I'd just get her a railroad flare and a compass. Think how embarrassed you're going to be after she skims the syllabus and rides better than you. :rofl::wave:

Matts_12GS

If I were you I'd just get her a railroad flare and a compass. Think how embarrassed you're going to be after she skims the syllabus and rides better than you. :rofl::wave:

I carry a battery operated dremel and a flare when I'm riding my ancient dual sport bike. If it dies in the woods, I am grinding off the VIN, swiping the plate and setting it on fire so I can hitchike home.

As for riding better than me, I mean, for those that've seen it, how hard can that be?

motorman587
Thanks John!!

They should hand out a workbook at the school. Answer the 126 question on the last pages. If you have a working knowledge before you go you will be golden. Any question let me know. BRC is pretty cool. First day is all beginners and I mean beginners. Just keep an open mind. Second day is more what riders will use on the street. Again basic stuff but a good refresher.

Archived