IGNORED

C2 and speakers...

waverider

Looking at a link I got somewhere on this site about installing autocom speakers in a C2 helmet, it looks like there are actually already some molded holes that go all the way through the foam where speakers would need to go. Can anyone who has a C2 verify that for me please. I trying to figure out if my J&M headset will work with this helmet or stick with the new Nolan N102 which is a snap to put these speakers in. Thanks

Suffice it to say that the Nolan is a lot easier to install speakers in than the C2. I have one of each. There are indents for the speakers in the C2, but getting to them requires some helmet disassembly. The autocom web site has some useful pictures to guide you along. It’s not difficult, but it takes a while, about 2x the Nolan. I did find the speaker indents (no holes that pass all the way through) were not big enough for a Starcom speaker, but a reaming using a dowel helped.

yep. the indents are there, and yep, it's a pain in the ass, but, worth it once done. I ended up running the mic. similar to how they show on the BMW system 4. works well.

Archived