IGNORED

2013 R1200RT

Don Hunter

Congrats on the endorsement and confidence....you could always trailer south for a ride....77 degrees in Savannah today. Perfect! Know you'll enjoy your Camhead. Great bike.

When I was selling beemers, one of the things I did, esp w/returning riders, was to go to the local Community College andspend a lot of time in the parking lot.

Stop, foot down, signal, make a right, repeat, make a left, run loops etc. until the stop and dismount, get back on etc. becomes more ingrained.

Doesn't prevent mind farts but helped get the rust off and become familiar w/the interlock etc.

Glad you see the humor in it and live to ride another day.

Best wishes.

That is exactly what I did on the day i went for my road test. I paid $160 at a local powersports store and the instructor set up the parking lot to mimic the actual test ride. He was a retired Michigan test agent. I actually took the test on a Honda 250, since there isnt anyway i could wheel the RT around those tiny turns! Excellent confidence builder though and after a few hours, I felt much more confident on my RT after i passed the test.

Archived