IGNORED

God help me, I'm jonsein' for a 12GS...

Huzband

Looking good my friend. See you at the UN?

Fraid not. FART's a maybe, though.

Well, maybe next year. I'll be on my way to UT. Just a thought, J is

having a get together at the BlackWater Inn on June 30.

Got a couple quick pics after work yesterday.

Tags%20007-L.jpg

Tags%20008-L.jpg

I knocked down 100 miles after work yesterday on the GSA. What a hoot! I think I'm going to really like this bike.

Tags%20008-L.jpg

Looking good Danny! Don't know on the Sherco though, you may need to give Russell a call, looks mighty uncomfortable. :grin:

Good luck with both! :thumbsup:

Pat

I want to ride the Sherco... maybe see if I can ride it up the side of Danny's new grill into the bed of his truck :dopeslap:

Missouri Bob

So I'm about 1500 miles from home enjoying the s__t out of my GS as a touring bike. I'm thinking that it needs a sticker reading "What would Rommel ride?"

Bob

So I'm about 1500 miles from home enjoying the s__t out of my GS as a touring bike.

I may have been even a little more than fifteen from my home and I agree, the GS works nicely as a touring bike! :thumbsup:

wyoming441.jpg

Pat

Came home to this this evening.

Picture-L.jpg

We're having our master bath remodeled, & the guys are cutting the tile just in front of the garage. I guess they were concerned about getting dust on the bike. I suppose I could explain the finer points of having a GS... :rofl:

And, Pat? You're toast. I've determined my infection started last year when I needed some new summer gloves. These happened to be the best & most comfortable I could find. I had no idea they were laced with GSS. (Gelande Strasse Syndrome). It's only a matter of time.

Picture%20009-L.jpg

Think you just cost me a hundred bucks! ^ :thumbsup:

Pat

89 plus tax to be exact.

Of course that's not including 3easy pay. :grin:

Firefight911

I still wear the GS gloves to this day. One of the best fitting gloves of their type I have found. The Triumph dual sport gloves are also nice. Weird as I love all the Klim gloves I have except I don't like their Adventure glove at all.

If you guys like those, check out the Held Sambia. I have had mine for over a year, and they are by far my favorite gloves I've ever used

LINK

Sambia%20gray.jpg

Not bad, only ten bucks more than the BM's! Sizing strait forward?

Pat

Yup, I have always found Held's to be pretty consistent. I went by the Held online sizing thingy and have bought two pair of their gloves that fit perfect. I have them in an "11" XXL. I wanted a lightweight glove with venting, but I didn't want to skimp on the knuckle protection. They fit the bill perfectly. They are my goto glove for anything warmer than 65-70 degrees. None of the pictures I've seen have given the knickle armor justice. The knuckle armor is beefy, they have the ceramic dots on the palm for abrasion resistance, and the gauntlet comes 3" back my arm past my wrist to cover the wrist bones. There is some armor around those bones too. Its nothing to get excited about, but its more than I could find on most other vented gloves.

Also.....you can get them in a color other than BLACK. Who the hell would want to buy hot weather vented gear that is black? It never made sense to me.

Just so happens that I rode to work this morning.

null_zps46532330.jpg

null_zps6641c698.jpg

So I filled it up for the first time today. Quarter mile up the road & the display says 396 miles to empty. eek7.gif

May bring a new meaning to iron butt, but at least I won't need gas for another three weeks. :grin:

Lone_RT_rider
May bring a new meaning to iron butt, but at least I won't need gas for another three weeks. :grin:

Don't worry, you'll need tires first. I've see you ride. :D

Shawn

Don't worry, you'll need tires first. I've see you ride. :D

Shawn

:rofl:

So I filled it up for the first time today. Quarter mile up the road & the display says 396 miles to empty. eek7.gif

The only thing I really miss from my RT is the larger fuel tank. When commuting, I have to stop for gas every day on the GS versus every other day on my RT. Sounds trivial, but gas stops are an aggravation, and that doubles my aggravation. I've considered many times about swapping a GSA tank onto my GS for the extra range. I'm sure I would rarely fill it to the top, but I'd love an extra gallon when I know it will save me a gas stop

Funny, mine only says 178 miles to empty after a fillup. I get 250-270 comfortably without worry, course the yellow triangle comes on after 150-180. Yeah, it is a GS, not a GSA, but it carries gas like one.....Computer is set for GS but I put a GSA tank on it- Also MC Cruise...That should be one of your first farkles- well worth the money.

BTW- nice bike. Philip had all the troubles with BMW- I submit it might be the rider.... :rofl:

Firefight911
BTW- nice bike. Philip had all the troubles with BMW- I submit it might be the rider.... :rofl:

I'm watching you Wazowski!!!!!

Philip had all the troubles with BMW- I submit it might be the rider.... :rofl:

Ya think? :Cool:

I don't remember Larry having trouble with that bike when he had it...

Hmmm

Firefight911
Philip had all the troubles with BMW- I submit it might be the rider.... :rofl:

Ya think? :Cool:

I don't remember Larry having trouble with that bike when he had it...

Hmmm

Alzheimer's will do that. The entire clutch assembly had already been replaced before I bought it from him as a result of a seal leak. But let's not let that fact our anything. I had that work repeated on my watch amongst many other things.

Alzheimer's will do that. The entire clutch assembly had already been replaced before I bought it from him as a result of a seal leak. But let's not let that fact our anything. I had that work repeated on my watch amongst many other things.

Actually, I don't think I really paid attention to Larry's posts then...

On the plus side though, you're really making a good case for operator error. :rofl:

On the plus side though, you're really making a good case for operator error. :rofl:

Remember, we're talking about a guy that can't step out of a fire truck without taking a trip to the ER. :Cool:

Firefight911

Remember, we're talking about a guy that can't step out of a fire truck without taking a trip to the ER. :Cool:

Good point!

• 3 weeks later...
If you guys like those, check out the Held Sambia. I have had mine for over a year, and they are by far my favorite gloves I've ever used

LINK

Sambia%20gray.jpg

Keith, do I remember a post where you said you visited Held in NC? On my way down to the RCR I plan on stopping by Little Switzerland for a couple of nights. BMW don't make the GS glove that I like anymore (is what I was told) and it would be cool to buy gloves from the source. (sorta)

Thanks

Pat

Keith, do I remember a post where you said you visited Held in NC? On my way down to the RCR I plan on stopping by Little Switzerland for a couple of nights. BMW don't make the GS glove that I like anymore (is what I was told) and it would be cool to buy gloves from the source. (sorta)

Thanks

Pat

Stopping in NC on your way from MA to WV? Nothing like a good 600 mile detour. Only on a BMW forum :rofl:. I spent the night at a buddy's place in Raleigh and was on my way to Maggie Valley. They are right between US70 and I40 near Hickory.

1232 Commerce Street

Conover, NC 28613

Its really just a distribution warehouse with a few offices in the front. They don't really have a store front, just a glass door with the Held logo on it and a small lobby. I was met inside the door by a friendly gentleman that gave me the 30 second grand tour (complete with a motorcycle parked in the hallway), and then he took me in the back and let me look at and try on as much stuff as I wanted. I found the gloves I wanted and he rang me up right there in the warehouse on the computer. He even tossed in a T-shirt just for stopping in. Not much to see, but I wanted to try things on. I might stop in again if I'm in the neighborhood and need something, but I wouldn't go out of my way to do it if you know what fits. Also, I would call ahead and make sure someone will be there when you plan on passing through. I stopped while the MOA rally was going on and there was only one guy on duty while the rest of the crew was on the road supporting the vendor tent there.

• 5 weeks later...

I tried on a 12GS/WC for fit and feel today here in Wiesbaden, GM. It felt gooooooood and will be mine soon. Also tried on the F800GS and Sertao but the 12GS fit me best. But first must pass the German driver's license test. Patience, patience...

Archived