IGNORED

God help me, I'm jonsein' for a 12GS...

Huzband

You are not going to get any help from me. Blaine (Owner of BMW Grand Rapids) handed me the sheet for a wasserboxer GS he ordered with me in mind. Lowered with cruise... I hate getting the first year model of anything, but it does look good in that really dark grey...

Do the Germans understand what color is? :/

Is that who I think it is? One pissed off pooch if so! :grin: I really like this new GS, even like this color but I have a problem.

Since I've already been a beta tester for the K16, i'm just not willing to chance becoming a master beta tester with this bike. :rofl:

Pat

Is that who I think it is? One pissed off pooch if so! :grin: I really like this new GS, even like this color but I have a problem.

Since I've already been a beta tester for the K16, i'm just not willing to chance becoming a master beta tester with this bike. :rofl:

Pat

Water pump issues?

Water pump issues?

Kinda, sorta, maybe. :/ I've had a couple intermittent drips on the garage floor. It's been mentioned at the dealer already, need to have them take a look.

Pat

Water pump issues?

Kinda, sorta, maybe. :/ I've had a couple intermittent drips on the garage floor. It's been mentioned at the dealer already, need to have them take a look.

Pat

Some people have had multiple failures. I was told by members of my local MOA club that every GT(L) sold in AZ before last June had a waterpump failure. Supposedly BMW changed vendors last June. I tend to believe these folks, but YMMV. All I know is that the GT(L) would be a very expensive bike to fix out of warranty.

All I know is that the GT(L) would be a very expensive bike to fix out of warranty.

Said as if the others aren't. :grin:

roadscholar

Pat

Yep, all 5'4" of 'em.

I don't know, Carson's pretty smart

724-L.jpg

He knows when things get funky, he'll be along for the ride : )

398-L.jpg

Speaking of Beta-testing, here's a morsel for ya. On a long deserted stretch of NM highway, it was reported the number 138 popped up on someone's GPS screen and there was some more left in it.

Hey, where'd those Tenere's go to? :grin:

b05d72d1351d67f358419aca43370487_zps3337931d.jpg

Matts_12GS
What, you think it's Oz? You can go hours w/o seeing a car out there.

:rofl:

Says the wizard of Mandarin

All I know is that the GT(L) would be a very expensive bike to fix out of warranty.

Said as if the others aren't. :grin:

It's worse, if that's possible.

roadscholar
The Long and Winding Road I called it. ;)

100_5150.jpg

Pat

Thanks for the link Pat, what a great adventure, somehow I missed that the first time around.

You're tastes in bikes ain't bad either, those Funduros were fairly under-rated, most didnt recognize what a great little bike they were/are.

054-L.jpg

Another look at this place probably won't hurt anybody : )

051-L.jpg

Pat, I believe you've been here, recognize the road?

053-L.jpg

Thanks Guys! Bill, if I had one do-over in motorcycle ownership, I would have kept that one for sure. Especially for the sad trade in value I received. I do like the white! :thumbsup:

Check out my hi way pegs, they are the rear passenger pegs from my 900ss!

100_0697.jpg

Sorry Danny, did ya find one yet? ;)

Pat

roadscholar

Check out my hi way pegs, they are the rear passenger pegs from my 900ss!

100_0697.jpg

Pat

Nice, that figures you owned a 900SS, think I'm seeing a pattern here. :grin:

Here ya go, had a black one back in the day too.

9461-L.jpg

Silver & blue? Think that was it, oh wait orange too? :grin: I was actually smart enough to hang on to the Ducati. :thumbsup:

I know, the pattern probably seems very similar to a guy in Florida but on a much smaller scale. ;) I'm ok with this infliction! :grin:

Pat

Firefight911

Hey, where'd those Tenere's go to? :grin:

b05d72d1351d67f358419aca43370487_zps3337931d.jpg

We went off road to places that don't have Starbuck's. We went farther than 35 miles from the dealer network. We ventured where BMWs can't go because they'll never get there. Not because the terrain is too tough but because Germany has 1 - never heard of that problem, 2 - It's rider error when something does go wrong on a BMW, and 3 - we Tenere types extended our trips due to the above and the fact we had a lot of extra money left in our wallets after our respective vehicle purchases.

Yea, that oughta be a good start as to where we went......

Matts_12GS
Price check on aisle five please! :) Too much trouble to travel I know but it's nice to see what's out there. Told ya, the Triple Black is the best! :grin:

http://burlington.craigslist.org/mcy/3765307182.html

http://nh.craigslist.org/mcd/3822284285.html

http://nwct.craigslist.org/mcy/3828253127.html

http://maine.craigslist.org/mcy/3773243424.html

Pat

Danny,

I will be in Maine for a week in July. put the deal together, I'll ride it home for you...

Price check on aisle five please! :) Too much trouble to travel I know but it's nice to see what's out there. Told ya, the Triple Black is the best! :grin:

http://burlington.craigslist.org/mcy/3765307182.html

http://nh.craigslist.org/mcd/3822284285.html

http://nwct.craigslist.org/mcy/3828253127.html

http://maine.craigslist.org/mcy/3773243424.html

Pat

You should work for the Fed , Pat. You're really good at spending someone elses money. :grin:

I have a line a low mile '07 GSA, but the RT has to go first. deal.gif

Didn't bother me when I rode Matts, & they aren't as touchy as my '02RT. I'd be okay with them. And I bet with a little of work I could ditch them if I decided to.

I thought I would despise the whizzy brakes on my '06 GS. Two years have gone by now. By the time I am rolling, I forget all about them now. I don't notice them at all when actually riding. I just notice at parking lot speeds and stop and go traffic. Neither of which is an issue, they are just obnoxious

Are they linked rear to front, or only front to rear?

I thought beemers were front and rear on front lever and rear only on rear pedal?

Matts_12GS

I thought beemers were front and rear on front lever and rear only on rear pedal?

That is what I think they are.

Whizzy brakes made me much smoother on the levers than I was, mostly in self defense. I love them now though.

Danny you get it, I have a vario top case I'll make you a deal on, and maybe we can trade bodywork :rofl:

Only front to rear, as far as I know. I have stomped on the brake pedal in the loose stuff to slide the rear end around and it acted just like any other bike I've ridden. I don't believe the rear pedal has any effect on the front.

Must be the faster version. :grin:

First, Pat, one must have 12k before making the offer. If it's a must sell, it's a no trade. It would look really nice under me.

Matts_12GS
Must be the faster version. :grin:

First, Pat, one must have 12k before making the offer. If it's a must sell, it's a no trade. It would look really nice under me.

I will ride it home from ME for you...

Because I care

Archived