IGNORED

Garmin likes Mac OS X

DavidEBSmith

Garmin Announces GPS Product Support for Mac OS X

By the end of 2006, Garmin intends to have made all its popular hardware and software applications Mac OS X compatible. This includes the ability to load MapSource map data to Garmin units via a Mac, as well as waypoint and trip planning applications. Additionally, the Garmin nRoute application will allow Powerbook and iBook users to turn their laptop into a powerful street navigation tool with Garmin’s GPS 10 or GPS 18 sensors.

And on the same day that Apple announces their new Intel-based PowerBook!

No more Power in the name.

Hope they used Cocoa and Xcode.

HALLELUJAH!!!!

HALLELUJAH!!!!

HALLELUJAH!!!! HALLELUJAH!!!! HAL . . . LE . . LU . . . JAH!!!! clap.gif

Now I can finally throw away that big grey box taking up valuable real estate on the desk in the guest room as it serves no other useful purpose I can figure out! grin.gif

Hooray!!!! Hooray!!! I just wish they'd get Mapsource out quicker. I'm on the verge of buying a new Windoze PC for the sole purpose of GPS stuff, and I'd really like to avoid it if possible.

Finally, a compelling reason to upgrade my OS X from 10.3 to 10.4. Can hardly wait to see how much I'll get to pay for the OS X version dopeslap.gif

Greg

why'd they wait until we no longer need it to bother supporting it? We'll all just be able to run their software inside VMWare on an intel mac, anyway. We've been begging for years, and now that it is no longer terribly urgent, they finally come through? Their attitude already pretty much put me off the whole Garmin experience, anyway.

--sam

Archived