IGNORED

autocom leads

jimswms

I've got the Active 7. I don't use the passenger lead and don't see myself using it anytime soon. Is there a way to remove it? It's just in the way in my tankbag.

And, if Autocom Tom is listening,it'd be nice if this was designed to be removeable on the new version for just this reason!

cheers

I don't use the passenger lead and don't see myself using it anytime soon. Is there a way to remove it? It's just in the way in my tankbag.

I'm doing a two-for-one on Autocom advice today ... this from Autocom Tom himself some time ago.

pro7sport.jpg

The empty pin assemblies accept the leads for rider, passenger and bike-to-bike radio -- the latter two can be removed to help contain the mess. I don't have an Active 7 to hack to pieces, but I'm sure it's similarly configured. FYI this thing works once back together ... hell, it even works just like this.

simple directions

remove screws under the autocom sticker. open lid. If its like the pro 7 above you can just unplug the rider cord... if not your screwed... close the lid. and buy the pro 7...

if you are careful pulling up the sticker its reusable....

This is great! I'm just going through the same thing. One question, though: does opening the unit void your warranty?

Thats probably a question for the 800 number. I had a defective 7 pin plug and they mailed me the new plug and instructed me to open the case and replace the plug. They also sent me a new sticker....

Archived