IGNORED

RUBBER CHICKEN RENDEZVOUS (RCR5) - Aug 8-11 - Snowshoe WV

TyTass

The four of us are boogeying out fairly early tomorrow planning to hit Devil's Backbone Brewing Company in Roseland VA for lunch ... somewhere around 12:00 - 1:00.

Matt, try the Weiss bier they have on tap there. They will give you a small sampler so you don't have to drink too much and ride. You know how much I have a distaste for American Micro brewed wheat beers, and that was possibly one of the few I would recommend on this side of the Atlantic. Est ist ser gut!

Shawn

For reference its the BERLINER METRO WEISS on that page.

Oh... and I hope Craig takes you up that gorgeous stretch of road that fine establishment is found on. :)

We'll be going to opposite way tomorrow that you, Alan, and I rode last year. So after lunch at DBBC we'll hit that short but incredible section of high-cambered twisties and then a few miles later hit that road I think you're talking about (which is, gravel washout and all, one of my absolute favorite roads in all of VA).

And yes ... I too liked their Weiss. Almost as good as yourn!

The four of us are boogeying out fairly early tomorrow planning to hit Devil's Backbone Brewing Company in Roseland VA for lunch ... somewhere around 12:00 - 1:00.

Anyone planning to ride through that part VA is welcome to join in (though we can't guarantee the time precisely).

May the festivities begin ...

This is killing me! I am heading out tomorrow morning early in my cage to attend my 50th high school reunion with a bunch of old folks. :grin:

In my heart I would much rather be heading out on the bike to share the weekend with you all.

Ride safely - have fun - and enjoy the fellowship! :thumbsup:

Eagads ... I'd forgotten you weren't going to make it. Dang! Was looking forward to a chat ... and perhaps a ride together a bit more spritely than Paul's Memorial Ride.

Have fun though at your 50th reunion.

Fresh air and a spirited ride will fix lots of things that ail you. Get on the bike and ride!

Hope to see you later today....

Jim

I woke up feeling like crap, my intended route is under 300 miles of rain. My dog has a big gash on its leg, geez can thinks get worse. Right now the way I am feeling I am not sure I can make this one. I am going to give my self an hour to see if I feel better. If I don't I am staying put. I really what to go.

Alan

I have to say the folks a Snowshoe are pretty nice. Since Alan had to drop out too I called and cancelled the reservation and they cheerfully refunded my deposit without my even asking. So all of you have fun, ride well, eat Q and POST PICS!

I can't make the fart either, I will once again be driving to Canada that weekend for work. I think you guys have my schedule and plan things when I can't be there. :grin:

Blind Squirrel

I plan on rolling out of the area around 8:30 tomorrow morning. Here is the link to my spotwalla page in case anyone wants to virtually tag along with me: Blind Squirrel's SPOT track

Looking forward to meeting some of you tomorrow! I'll be the guy with the Weiner Dude on my antenna :grin:

WeinerDude.jpg

Keith

Contact Pat(TREKS) For Rooming Options This Weekend.

If you mean Tewks....then I'm one step ahead of ya ;)

You guys ride safe till I get there

Keith

Contact Pat(TREKS) For Rooming Options This Weekend.

If you mean Tewks....then I'm one step ahead of ya ;)

You guys ride safe till I get there

And don't be unsafe after he gets there.

I am close! 842 miles the first day from Houston to Chattanooga. Next day rode the Dragon ( 3 times ) then to Ashville to vist a friend and stayed at Kingsport Tn. Went fairly near Snowshoe on the way to Buckhannon WV, but ran out of time to swing by. I am trying to work out a way to stop by Saturday.........

Blind Squirrel

I had a great time, despite the rain. Met a bunch of good people that I hope to see and ride with again in the future.

Scott,

It was great yukkin' it up with you and hitting the twisties with you. Hope you come out to another event soon. Keep an eye out in Ride and Event Planning. For something close and somewhat soon ... check-out F.A.R.T.

FYI: That said ... as you're new-ish to the board, generally everyone "checks-in" after an event over in Ride Tales under the event check-in thread ... Click HERE for the RCR5 Check-in thread.

Archived