IGNORED

RUBBER CHICKEN RENDEZVOUS (RCR5) - Aug 8-11 - Snowshoe WV

TyTass

Welcome Fathom and Blind Squirrel. Hope you guys can both make it.

Blind Squirrel ... If it helps with the Mrs., I could write a note. Heck, we're neighbors. I could stop by and plead your case (on 2nd thought, you're way better off with her not meeting me).

Did we just meet at Adventure BMW recently?

Blind Squirrel
Welcome Fathom and Blind Squirrel. Hope you guys can both make it.

Blind Squirrel ... If it helps with the Mrs., I could write a note. Heck, we're neighbors. I could stop by and plead your case (on 2nd thought, you're way better off with her not meeting me).

Did we just meet at Adventure BMW recently?

No sir. I have not been by Adventure BMW recently. I always get mixed signals when I go into that place. A few of the folks are nice, then there are some that help promote the BMW sterotype.

A few of the folks are nice, then there are some that help promote the BMW sterotype.

We have a stereotype?

A few of the folks are nice, then there are some that help promote the BMW sterotype.

We have a stereotype?

Yeah, but few people adhere to it. :S

You all are KILLING ME!! :dopeslap: I want to make it out to one of these... and this year is NOT the year! :(

Have fun without me... and I'll start planning for 2014. :P

You don't know us very well. ;) That could be an expensive proposition right there my friend! :grin:

No real formalities to these events (except you need a rubber chicken for this one) ( some weird initiation ritual) ;) so, just show up and introduce yourself. :thumbsup:

Pat

Perhaps I should bring my cousin Bil; Rubber chickens feature prominently in his act... https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/p480x480/374297_656219204395410_1467226508_n.jpg

Nice n Easy Rider
You all are KILLING ME!! :dopeslap: I want to make it out to one of these... and this year is NOT the year! :(

Shannon,

I'd thought that you would have gotten the criminals onto a regular schedule by now with designated holidays and such. Well, you now have another year to whip them into shape. :grin:

Shannon,

I'd thought that you would have gotten the criminals onto a regular schedule by now with designated holidays and such. Well, you now have another year to whip them into shape. :grin:

Nah... unfortunately criminals are a bit like kids ... unpredictable on good days; incorrigible on bad! ;)

Nah... unfortunately criminals are a bit like kids ... unpredictable on good days; incorrigible on bad! ;)

Have you been talking to my wife?? :rofl:

Have you been talking to my wife?? :rofl:

No doubt about it! :rofl:

If you ever happen to see a listing for Bil Krauss, by all means, check him out. He's quite talented, funny, and as previously noted, always breaks out the rubber chicken at some point in the gig.

It works like this: he starts by musing that people will do a lot of things for free beer. "I mean, I bet there are a lot of people here today who would go to fairly great lengths for a free beer, wouldn't you say?" He then asks for a volunteer, identifies one who appears particularly ripe for this sort of thing, then the rubber chicken comes out. He blue painter's tapes it to their heads, and gives them a series of absurd assignments (The Quest) that they have to carry out with the chicken strapped to their head. If he can send them into other nearby establishments where folks aren't in on the game, all the better. Like me, my cousin is originally from New York, and so is neither morally nor ethically opposed to deriving entertainment by getting people to do really silly things. For beer.

OK, Mrs. Fathom & I are in -- reservations made, BBQ + Blues tix bought. Now to scout out that rubber chicken...

For anyone who's on the fence, the Blues tix come with a mug and 10 free beer samples, and the nice rez folks are still providing early bird ticket discounts ($20/per). So it's the free beer / rubber chickens theme, revisited.

Blind Squirrel

We have a stereotype?

Half-helmet wearing, leather cladded long haired types covered with ink. ;)

[quote=TN_R11_Girl

Is that why you enjoy hanging out with us, Shannon? We fit right in to your 'regular' group?!! :dopeslap:

Jim

Blind Squirrel

In at the Inn! Arrive Friday, leave Sunday. I'll be the one riding a 2011 R1200RT. :grin:

Do I need a rubber chicken, or will my plastic weiner dude that rides on my antenna get me in to the party?

In at the Inn! Arrive Friday, leave Sunday. I'll be the one riding a 2011 R1200RT. :grin:

Do I need a rubber chicken, or will my plastic weiner dude that rides on my antenna get me in to the party?

Plastic weiner dudes are a fine choice and are also accepted :thumbsup:

So I looked at the event activity for the Brew Blue fest and it has a concert with John Mayall!! I would not have guessed he was alive although he I probably Mick Jagger's age.

Nope, he is 73. Does he still do Room to Move? That was a memorable performance. Looks like he does based on a YouTube search. That makes it a weekend worth doing. He is an old legend.

Is there camping?

Is there camping?

Not really. There is space at the top of the mountain for RV and campers, but there are no support facilities besides water and electric hook up. We wish there were camping options, because the top of the mountain would be an awesome location for an UNrally. Unfortunately they can't support the camping requirement, and the rest of the accommodations at the top of the mountain get a little pricey.

That makes it a weekend worth doing.

I'll be heading down with a buddy on Wednesday the 7th if you'd like company.

Pat

You are right, that is what Wiki sez. It is worth seeing.

And yes I might seriously consider traveling with folks on Aug 7. Be a couple weeks before I Am sure I can go but I might buy tix anyway in anticipation.

We saw John Mayall last summer at Wolf Trap -- he was outstanding (I think he was opening for Buddy Guy). Hope I'm that deep in the groove when I'm 73!

Nice n Easy Rider
Sorry to say I will miss my first RCR. The timing conflicts with a trip to Newfoundland.

Next year.

On two wheels or four?

It looks like I may have a change of schedule and I may be able to make this one. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Also Pat.....I haven't heard anything from Dazzz, but he showed up last year with a dirty crew from Ohio. There are a TON of unpaved/gravel roads in the area depending on what equipment you plan on riding down on. I also did a bunch of research on the local BBQ joints and picked the "best" place within riding distance. It was crap. Turns out, the best BBQ comes from the little road side stand right next to the hotel. This being the Blues, Brews, and BBQ's weekend will hopefully remedy that situation. I have a hankerin' for some properly smoked ribs (that I don't have to smoke myself).

I'm still not sure what I'm doing. I'm thinking about trailering down and bringing the whole family, but I'm not sure if I can swing it. To be honest, I'm not even sure if I can make it at all.

Sorry I have not been keeping up with this thread. We intend to attend this event with our "regular" bikes. Later this fall we expect to return to get some serious dirty riding in again. Thanks for thinking about us Keith! I asked about you in NC and I guess congratulations are in order for an addition to the family. Hope to see you at Snowshoe, I'll buy you one.

Thanks for thinking about us Keith! I asked about you in NC and I guess congratulations are in order for an addition to the family. Hope to see you at Snowshoe, I'll buy you one.

Thanks dude, we are having a blast with the little one. My tentative plan for right now is to just shoot down for Saturday night. Still too early to commit

Thanks for thinking about us Keith! I asked about you in NC and I guess congratulations are in order for an addition to the family. Hope to see you at Snowshoe, I'll buy you one.

Thanks dude, we are having a blast with the little one. My tentative plan for right now is to just shoot down for Saturday night. Still too early to commit

I'm going to try Saturday too Keith. Maybe we can meet up somewhere enroute? That will probably be my first non commute to work outing on the GS!

For the RCR newbs you'll love it! Great roads, great people and tons of fun.

OK West Virginia is looking mighty fine. I am in.. I will need a roommate to share the rent!! I prefer a quiet sleeper(non-snore) and no tabacky.. Let me know by PM if interested. Thanks Bob

My tentative plan for right now is to just shoot down for Saturday night. Still too early to commit

I'm going to try Saturday too Keith. Maybe we can meet up somewhere enroute? That will probably be my first non commute to work outing on the GS!

Hope you both can make it if even for the one evening. Don't come too late on Saturday night or you'll miss BB&B entirely!

My tentative plan for right now is to just shoot down for Saturday night. Still too early to commit

Hope you both can make it if even for the one evening. Don't come too late on Saturday night or you'll miss BB&B entirely!

Craig- what day/time are you heading out? Maybe I can ride with you a few miles or meet at a lunch stop on your way out. I assumed you might be coming through near me

Craig- what day/time are you heading out? Maybe I can ride with you a few miles or meet at a lunch stop on your way out. I assumed you might be coming through near me
I honestly don't know, but I would indeed be going right by your house, so yes certainly we could ride together. I'd imagine I'd like to leave somewhat early. Let's just play the timing by ear for now.
I honestly don't know, but I would indeed be going right by your house, so yes certainly we could ride together. I'd imagine I'd like to leave somewhat early. Let's just play the timing by ear for now.

Sounds good to me man. If it works it works.

The dirty crew from Ohio is in but we'll be on our street bikes this time. Looking forward to the ride down. We'll arrive Thurs. and depart Sat. Morning. There will be 4 of us.

Archived