IGNORED

tupperware removal

Lawman

Need to be taken off in this order, this is for one side, pretty much the same for both (except near glove box)

OUTER Fairings

2 screws on front inside of fairing(near front forks)

1 screw below speaker cut out

1 screw just beneath the front accessory plug, there are 2 screws at this location I believe its the top one, easy to tell which needs to be removed. get down on a knee and look below the accessory plug(same region on opposite side)

REMOVE SEAT

TANK Panel

2 screws at bottom of tank bag frame

2 screw at front of tank bag frame

BOTTOM FAIRING Panel

1 screw under seat

3 screws near SHifter and foot pegs

1 screw in front of tank near triple tree(just under the front of the tank bag frame)

1 screw in front of cylinder head

1 screw just below cylinder head

Thumb screw under left speaker cut out/ Right side has a few screws around the glove box along with 2 screws holding the glove box lid that need to be removed first.

i think I hit everything

hopefully my descriptions are easy enough to follow

I reckon RokRide has it right though I think there may be an extra screw towards the back of the tank under the bag rack. It'll be obvious enough if there is one there.

Its all pretty easy - even I managed it!Even managed to find where the screw I had left over after putting it back together should have gone. smile.gif

Also it helps that all the screws are the same except for the 2 at the front of the lower panel which are longer. (This is certainly the case on the RHS and I think also applies to the LHS).

Paul

Yeah me too..I think Im going to just go ahead and get the 125.00 BMW service cd...ouch

Duane,

I got one from this guy for about $14 delivered:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8029061473

Took about a week to get it. It's invaluable for tupperware removal and so much more. I pop mine in a laptop and bring it right out into the workshop.

You Rock DUDE...Thanks!!

Yeah me too..I think Im going to just go ahead and get the 125.00 BMW service cd...ouch

Duane,

I got one from this guy for about $14 delivered:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8029061473

Took about a week to get it. It's invaluable for tupperware removal and so much more. I pop mine in a laptop and bring it right out into the workshop.

Is this the the same DVD that Duane mentioned or a knock off? Either way it sounds like something I'll be buying!

So far everyone has forgotten the one important step that I follow every time I remove mine. Just as you putting the last screw in the top section, drop it so it goes down inside somewhere so you get to take it all off and do it again. You get a lot more practice that way.

• 1 month later...

Appreciate the info on the screw locations. It worked fine but I have one more question. On the right side with the radio box. I can't seem to get the tupperware off from around the radio box lid. On the 1150 the lid was attached to the tupperware but on this 1200 it is attached to the radio box itself and the panel has to come off around it but the hole is smaller than the lid. Must be some sequence or angle I am missing. I'd appreciate some help here becaue I don't want to force it. tks

Archived