IGNORED

new Touratech cylinder head protectors

dyvking

The cylinder head protectors made by Touratech for the R1200GS have been mentioned here several times lately. I just noticed on their website that they are coming out with these in anodized black, and they are advertised as being for the RT as well as the GS. Apparently they are accepting orders at $157.70 US/set, with a shipping date "coming"

01-047-0160-0_I_01.JPG

I think these will look really great with my dark gray lowers. Pricing isn't too bad, considering the cheesy BMW plastic ones are $110 per set. These should be way stronger.

The cylinder head protectors made by Touratech for the R1200GS have been mentioned here several times lately. I just noticed on their website that they are coming out with these in anodized black, and they are advertised as being for the RT as well as the GS. Apparently they are accepting orders at $157.70 US/set, with a shipping date "coming"

01-047-0160-0_I_01.JPG

I think these will look really great with my dark gray lowers. Pricing isn't too bad, considering the cheesy BMW plastic ones are $110 per set. These should be way stronger.

Walt,

I've looked at those and they are nice looking. Do they come in silver as well as black?

I'm kind of thinking about these from Sierra BMW:

http://www.sierrabmw.bigstep.com/item.jhtml?UCIDs=820323%7C1312290&PRID=1505206

About 35% more han the Touratech, but I think they look a bit less "GS" for installing on the RT. But, as with most of this stuff, it only amounts to money smirk.gif and the person paying the bill is the only one who has to like it.

Walt,

I've looked at those and they are nice looking. Do they come in silver as well as black?

About 35% more han the Touratech, but I think they look a bit less "GS" for installing on the RT. But, as with most of this stuff, it only amounts to money smirk.gif and the person paying the bill is the only one who has to like it.

Yep, they are available in silver as well. Buccaneer has them on his RT:

click here. They do look a little "Robo" on an RT, but they are most certainly more stout than the plastic ones I have on the RT now.

I have the guards you mentioned on my GS. I originally was going to put them on the RT, but I have Elf-pegs for that bike, and the aluminum BMW guards won't work with those pegs as the guards cover the plug-groove.

I forgot to mention that I saw a set of these on eBay for a little less than normal retail:

click here.

I forgot to mention that I saw a set of these on eBay for a little less than normal retail:

click here.

Not anymore! Thanks a bunch for posting that Walt! Saved me $30! Look me up at the National this year and I'll buy you a cold one... Thanks again

Archived