IGNORED

Craigslist find of the day

TEWKS

oh, come on guys. He got a photo of the speedo at 65mph! It's a keeper.

Actually, I think his decimal point is in the wrong spot.

Note the salvage title.

Yeah, but it's got a genuine BeadRider beaded seat cover, so...that pretty much balances out :)

(Sorry - no offense meant to BeadRider - I actually really like them - just seems like an odd use of one of only nine pics on a five digit bike.)

Dennis Andress

Salvage title ain't a bad thing... until you file a claim on your insurance and they use the salvage as an excuse to cut what they pay out.

Charles Elms

Agree, a salvage title is not bad in itself. However I would want to know exactly why a salvage title was issued, i.e. what was damaged and repaired, and by whom.

On 1/21/2019 at 9:25 PM, LBump said:

Is that photo shop magic?? What the hey with the side cases?:dopeslap:

Haha. He's got that one (looks like a 2005-2013 RT saddlebag) on backwards. Oh sure. $8k and I'm sure that it's been meticulously maintained. Probably got the plugs in backwards and held in place with bondo. 

Dennis Andress

1970's brakes...
A compression ratio and head design that can produce heart stopping detonation.  Most often solved by installing two cylinder base gaskets.

A not so stiff frame. The Germans called them "Kümi Kuh" for rubber cow.

The seat is horrible.

All of which isn't as bad as it sounds. My R100 S weighed around 425 lbs with bags. The engines all had the same stroke. Different jugs and heads were used for the different displacements. The R 80s and R100/7 got 36 mm carbs. The R100 RT, RS, and S got 40 mm. The bigger cars made more horse power at WFO, the smaller carbs made more power down low. I'd take the smaller carbs over the big ones if I were to do it again. 

On 1/25/2019 at 9:22 AM, CommuterChris said:

So what the the negatives from owning  a late seventies or eighties BMW?

Not all that much, really.  I had a '79, from 2001 - 2005.  Bought it from a friend, who had several of a similar vintage.  One thing he said was "with these older bikes, you can work on them yourself.  The newer ones, you can't.  Ya gotta have special this and that, blah blah blah...."  What I found was that not only could I work on it myself, but that I actually HAD TO.  And that was kindof a PITA for a daily driver in marginal condition, but might be ideal for a sunday driver.

And It'll handle like a school bus compared to a modern bike.  But they're a lot of fun, and can be very rewarding, if you're interested in them.

"...too many bikes" is a red flag.  They should have thought of that prior to buying a brand new bike.  How about thinning the heard before increasing it?  HA

Seeing how they list for $23,940,  $22000 seems a little too implausible to me.  Stock photos indicate to me that this ad my not be on the up-and-up.  Just sayiin'

Interesting, though.

15 hours ago, wbw6cos said:

"...too many bikes" is a red flag.  They should have thought of that prior to buying a brand new bike.  How about thinning the heard before increasing it?  HA

Seeing how they list for $23,940,  $22000 seems a little too implausible to me.  Stock photos indicate to me that this ad my not be on the up-and-up.  Just sayiin'

Interesting, though.

One way to find out

• 3 weeks later...
szurszewski

It’s probably sold already. After all, it has a power windshield. (Why would you list that as your first thing?)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, elkroeger said:

Harley Davidson mountain bike.  Note the forks are mounted backwards.  Somehow that doesn't surprise me.   link

00j0j_8gHRWdPUVvi_600x450.jpg

Surprised it's not chopped and that it has suspension at all...

fourteenfour
14 hours ago, Ponch said:

Surprised it's not chopped and that it has suspension at all...

needs ape hangers

20 hours ago, elkroeger said:

Note the forks are mounted backwards. 

00j0j_8gHRWdPUVvi_600x450.jpg

That is a feature , "inverted forks"

On 5/19/2019 at 6:10 AM, ltljohn said:

Note the forks are mounted backwards.

Haha.  Fork slider mounted backward bring back some memories. 

Big bro and I converted a Bultaco 360 Pursang MX chassis and motor to race Flat Track.  Aside from a lighter flywheel and a down swept expansion chamber we needed to get it to steer quicker, soooo, we fitted fork sliders off an Alpena trail bike with the axle off backwards.  It got a lot of snickers in pits. The last laugh was ours though because not only did it work, it made the bike able to change its line right through the apex of the turn.  Made a lot of money at the race track with that mongrel of a bike.