IGNORED

seat comfort

Lawman

Comfort is a relative thing so it's difficult to know how comfortable others are with their seats..I have an 05 1200RT that has the stock seat..I tried using my airhawk seat cushion but I don't like the way it moves around and raises me off the seat so I've found that even though I lose a little foot on the ground I much prefer to just use the seat in the high position without the seat cushion..I wasted so much money on other bike seats and I don't want to just start switching seats..I'd like to know if any are satisfied with the stock seat on the R1200RT and how it compares (specifically) to other seats..Thx..

My take on the r12rt seat is its not as good as a goldwings seat, better than the 03 1150rt stock seat & lightyears ahead of the 05 12gs seat. I did a five hundred mile day with little dicomfort. The heat option is keeping me from looking at the aftermarket, I like the handlebar controls for the heat. I had a sargent on the 03 & loved it.

Hey Billy, my stock seat seems to be doing better, i took gel pad off, now only use sheep skin, seems to be breaking in and getting better, i am afraid a aftermarket seat will raise me up to much, 9000mi, will stick with stock and see what happens. thumbsup.gif

Hey Billy

You should be out riding....

Louise and I went 6000 miles with the stock seat....we used the Alaska sheep skin thing...I forgot the name, but it helped.....I also had that backrest.....I now have a Corbin seat and we"re heading out Tuesday for about 3000 miles in 7 days I'll give you a report when we get back.

Larry

Archived