http://www.mountainhighlodge.com

GPS N35 03.259 W83 12.046

Room Descriptions and Rates:

Double Beds $79

King $99

Routes and Meal details to come later

roadscholar

I wondered when you were going to finally come around! :clap:

Yes I'm partial but within a 60 mile radius there's no better riding in the Eastern U.S., paved or DS.

Town has some decent eateries as well.

For you Westies this would be a good time to come East.

For those that are familiar with the area, there's more, quite a bit more.

I wondered when you were going to finally come around! :clap:

Yes I'm partial but within a 60 mile radius there's no better riding in the Eastern U.S., paved or DS.

Town has some decent eateries as well.

For you Westies this would be a good time to come East.

For those that are familiar with the area, there's more, quite a bit more.

Yes, I knew you would like this one. I agree about the roads as well.

Bill,

Agree.

Checked at the Probably Inn but someone got the last room.

So we're booked at the Most Likely INN.

:lurk:

Lone_RT_rider
IN most likely.

+1 or maybe 2

I'm not sure if my shoes cost enough for me to be seen in Highlands....I'll get back to you on this.

IN most likely.

+1 or maybe 2

I'm not sure if my shoes cost enough for me to be seen in Highlands....I'll get back to you on this.

We'll just tell them you're there to polish the bikes :rofl:

Lone_RT_rider

Nah, then one of the owners of the dozen or so Maybach's in town will want their car detailed. No thanks.

Thank you Ken for again taking on yet another BMWST event. :clap:

I plan, and hope, to be there! It is, however,getting increasingly difficult to find time to keep my dental practice operational. :grin:

Thank you Ken for again taking on yet another BMWST event. :clap:

I plan, and hope, to be there! It is, however,getting increasingly difficult to find time to keep my dental practice operational. :grin:

I know it seems like a lot of events. Adding the East coast UN makes it seem rapid fire, but I want to go to HeleN Back this year before moving the Spring event to another location and of course I like FARTing around with you people :clap:

Ken you are one event planning honcho this year for sure. Now if just paid better it could be your next career. :grin:

Another good choice...

Assuming Becky agrees, we'll be there.

Joe Frickin' Friday

Nah, then one of the owners of the dozen or so Maybach's in town will want their car detailed. No thanks.

You'll be wearing $1500 worth of riding gear and straddling a $20,000 bike; you'll blend in just fine. Just avoid parking next to the schmuck who rides in blue jeans and covers his seat with a sliced-up garbage bag at night to keep the dew off.

:wave:

If I can make it ... it will be VERY last minute. Many jury trials scheduled that month, including one the following Monday.

Boo.

terryofperry

Come on Shannon, what is more important, the Constitution of the United States or F.A.R.T.(ing) around? :)

Terry

Come on Shannon, what is more important, the Constitution of the United States or F.A.R.T.(ing) around? :)

Terry

Not gonna say it and wind up with an FBee Vacay until September :rofl:

Terry

That's the WRONG question to ask me this week Terry! ;)

terryofperry

Or any week I'm sure, very "tact"ful answer.

Country before bike always, never a doubt.

Be safe

Terry

Actually Terry... this week I'd chuck it all and say bike over everything. Some days my job is very satisfying; some days not so much. This week it falls in the second category and I wish very much I could toss it all out the window and come FART around :grin:

Lone_RT_rider
Hang in there Ms. Shannon, virtual hugs.

Be well

Terry

She has virtual hugz coming from all directions. We all miss her.... :)

In! Thanks, Ken!

One of the best things about the Mountain High is they're pet friendly, so Jenn and Biscuit will be right at home. I mean, how could you just leave this at home?:

Dufus%20awesome-S.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I will not be back from the west coast in time so just cx'd my res. I hope they choke on the $25 they kept.

Marty, the next time I see you, a $25 dollar dinner is on me. Life's too short man.

Shawn

Just get him the towels and stuff from the room.

Seriously, I agree with Marty. This far out, it's not any sort of inconvience to them.

-----

Marty, the next time I see you, a $25 dollar dinner is on me. Life's too short man.

Shawn

Just get him the towels and stuff from the room.

Seriously, I agree with Marty. This far out, it's not any sort of inconvience to them.

-----

I have put a phone call in to my contact.

They should not treat a group booking, or anyone for that matter, this way when canceling this far out.

I'm moving to Asheville in about a month so hope to join you all.

To live in Asheville .. wow! Good for you, Seth.

Marty Hill

Shawn

Shawn, you know it's not the $25. I could care less about that. That is supreme BS! 5 months in advance after taking the charge 6 months ahead. :wave:

Shawn

Shawn, you know it's not the $25. I could care less about that. That is supreme BS! 5 months in advance after taking the charge 6 months ahead. :wave:

I still have a phone call into my contact that has been out of the office for a few days. I hope to have a happy outcome for you and any others who have to change plans well in advance of the event.

I'm moving to Asheville in about a month so hope to join you all.

To live in Asheville .. wow! Good for you, Seth.

Looked all over but in the end Asheville was the place, at least in part to some obvious (and twisty) reasons. ;)

roadscholar

Looked all over but in the end Asheville was the place, at least in part to some obvious (and twisty) reasons. ;)

Good choice and welcome to the 'hood! :thumbsup:

Here are some very good reasons. 28,281,215,276,209,197,80,226a,and 9. There's a lot more but this should keep ya busy for awhile.

Shawn

Marty, I just spoke to my contact at the hotel and the $25 will be refunded to you.

FYI to everyone, you will not be charged a cancelation fee if you cancel before September the 1st. After the 1st you would forfeit the entire deposit.

If someone finds out they will need to cancel after 9/1 I would suggest they mention it on this thread and see if the room can be transferred to someone else who may want to join us and does not have a reservation yet.

Marty Hill

Ken, I'm sorry I caused some extra work for you. I think I owe you a $25 dinner now. :thumbsup: Hope this helps others as well.

Thanks!

I would like to see your Photos...

If you have a photo that you think would represent our FART, send it to me for consideration, I may use it if it doesn't stink :rofl:

I will be designing the logo for the 2013 FART sometime in June.

kinsley@insleyimages.com

• 1 month later...

As many of us have out minds on the UN we're attending very soon, I want to remind you all about a FART I'll be having in Highlands in September :thumbsup:

Definitely on my radar. Just need to get clearance-er-permiss- oh hell I have to ask my wife. It's on the calendar, fingers crossed. :thumbsup:

Archived