IGNORED

Gelande video

roadscholar

roadscholar

Your own, or a link to something else. Adventure bikes, mid-size and up, any brand.

I thought this one was interesting, last year's crop:

roadscholar
...although I just can't get past how butt-ugly the KTM is. :D

That's what almost everyone says.

Until they ride it. Then they could care less. :)

Speaking of KTM. I could see saying bye bye boxer if these prove to be a worthy replacement for the 990, if they decide to sell them here.

And truth be told that's probably bull$hit above, after not being flung off the GS in the Florida sugar sand and not breaking in front of a Triumph, ;) I have a new & better appreciation for my bike.

Pat

roadscholar

The big G is pretty darn good offroad but the 950 is better, in fact it's better than some 650's (I could name them : )) Of course any dual purpose bike makes compromises in one area to excel in another, and to most (Whip excluded) the GS is nicer for the long haul. Pat, think about what you and Keith did last summer, pretty amazing really.

BMW's answer to the 950 was the 800GS, they look different but are very similar underneath, same wheels, brakes, suspension, wheelbase (much longer than 12GS) and possibly geometry though I haven't checked, and likely close power/weight ratio, although the 950 feels significantly stronger. The point being, good bikes create as good or better competition while expanding the category, and we're getting some amazing bikes as a result. This next round is going to be really interesting, the new GS and 1190 have too much power for the dirt and need to be tamed w/electronics, kinda sad in a way but that's where the horspower war is taking us.

Speaking of KTM. I could see saying bye bye boxer if these prove to be a worthy replacement for the 990, if they decide to sell them here.

There's just something about this bike, can't quite put my finger on it. A buddy thinks they mistakenly put helium in the front tire. :grin:

There's just something about this bike, can't quite put my finger on it. A buddy thinks they mistakenly put helium in the front tire. :grin:

Love the bike, but that guy rides like a jackass.

roadscholar

Love the bike, but that guy rides like a jackass.

And I knew to put a don't kill the messenger disclaimer in there. The purpose was to point out a big dirtbike that does 100mph 4th gear power-wheelies, I believe virgin territory till now. Sometimes you need a jackass for jobs like this. :grin:

And I knew to put a don't kill the messenger disclaimer in there. The purpose was to point out a big dirtbike that does 100mph 4th gear power-wheelies, I believe virgin territory till now. Sometimes you need a jackass for jobs like this. :grin:

I wasn't knocking the video as a whole. In fact, I was laughing at the triple digit power wheelies. Wouldn't mind some that action myself.

• 1 month later...
roadscholar

Two longish GS videos, just under 30 minutes each, entertaining if you like this sort of thing. Some corporate sponsorship but nothing intrusive.

• 1 month later...

Archived