IGNORED

Pinout on V1 cables

ShovelStrokeEd

ShovelStrokeEd

Anybody have the pin designations for the various cables on a V1? Do some cross?

I just reworked my removalble dash board, V1, GPS-V, XM SkiFi and I want to neaten up the wiring by running a cannon connector into the front of my tank bag. All the power supplies are in there. I need to make up a short cable for the audio adaptor, currently in the bag but I want to move it to the underside of the tray and then a power lead up to the audio adaptor as part of the cannon plug.

I checked the Valentine site and they just show their cabling, not pinouts.

Jerry Johnston

It's been 9 yrs since I wired mine to the bike but, if I remember correctly the two jacks on the power connecter switch wires so they aren't the same. It's easy to take the small box apart and use a vom on it to test. Also I think the cables are the same as phone cables which are reversed from one end to the other. I don't think I saved any paper work on pin outs but if I did I'll email what they are.

DavidEBSmith

This site says that the two middle pins are ground and power. The wire colors will depend on which way you have the wire plugged in.

I'm not sure if I understand what you're doing, but if you're making some cable to the audio adapter, I don't know how it would work if you don't have all four wires going to it.

Jerry Johnston

I think the two outer wires are for audio. I would pop apart the dual power connector the one that goes to audio and the V1 and study the connectors.

The center pair is power and ground.

The outer pair carries all of the digital control signals between the V1 and the remote units.

The two plugs in the little power adapter box ARE wired differently.

Archived