IGNORED

How many MP3 players are enough???

velomoto

Once upon a time I purchased an inexpensive MP3 capable cd player to take my music with me. Alas burning disks and size led me to an iPod. Life was good, but busy so I picked up a Palm Pilot to stay organized and selected a model with an SD flash card and can play MP3's. Hmmm, another interface to learn but now I'll REALLY have music anywhere I want to go. Thinking life couldn't possibly get better I changed cell phone providers and learned (better sit down for this one) my new cell phone has a memory slot so it too can play MP3's!

My concern now, is that the GPS unit I just ordered is NOT capable of playing MP3's! blush.gif Since it appears every electronic device on earth will soon be MP3 capable, is there a minimum number of players which one must have? tongue.gif

Greg

I keep two, one dedicated to the car/bike and one for walkaround use. Both have identical content so can be swapped as necessary, and on long trips (bike or otherwise) I sometimes take both for redundancy because an MP3 player failure in mid-trip (especially one that involves airplanes) would be a disaster. Is that crazy enough?

is there a minimum number of players which one must have?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, there is. The formula to derive at the exact number of required MP3 players is complex and I will step aside here and let Mitch have a go at it.

Jurgen

Since it appears every electronic device on earth will soon be MP3 capable, is there a minimum number of players which one must have?

Good question. My wife and I combined, we have eight portable MP3 devices such as cellphones, Ipods, and PSP........hey so that's where all my money goes.

is there a minimum number of players which one must have?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, there is. The formula to derive at the exact number of required MP3 players is complex and I will step aside here and let Mitch have a go at it.

Jurgen

The formula is pretty simple:

(MP3 players now owned) +1 = correct amount of MP3 players

Trouble is, the (MP3 players now owned) is a variable..not a constant. grin.gif

Archived