IGNORED

Throttle Meister

sprints

I bought a used 'throttle meister' on ebay and it only came with the big stainless round end mechanism - no inserts that hold the into the handle bars and no instruction. I have a complete cnc machine shop so I can make about anything but can anyone furnish me with a scan or reading of the instructions and maybe some dimentions for the inserts. If someone has a bike not in service now with the throttle meister I would be happy to pay postage both ways to get the info and dimensions I need to get mine working.

Thanks - Rod in Oklahoma

sprints@pldi.net

Morning sprints

What you working on? Model & year would help.

I see your profile shows a HOPEFUL 1100RT but the 1100RT with stock bars doesn't use bar end inserts as those should be built into the handlebar ends.

DR - thanks. I found that out after the post. By the way it's a 96 RT. I've been following several groups for quite awhile to get ahead of the learning curve. I've owned about every other brand and even had my own Harley shop for awhile (please forgive me), but never thrown a leg over a BMW so I'm excited. This seems like a very good group - Rod

Why not just call Marker Machine and purchase a kit to fit your specific moto?

See their FAQ here and applications list here.

IMO, cost for a kit would be far less time and hassle than machining your own.

Q: I bought a new bike. Will the Throttlemeister I have now fit this bike?

A: Yes, in most situations you can re-use the Throttlemeister, but you may need a different kit to adapt it to your bike. Take a look at our application chart to see which kit you will need.

Effjay, you might have misunderstood. I would just make the missing parts but as you can see from DR's post, there are no missing parts so I'm good to go. By the way, I bought mine on ebay for $28 - Rod

Peter Parts
I bought a used 'throttle meister' on ebay and it only came with the big stainless round end mechanism - no inserts that hold the into the handle bars and no instruction. I have a complete cnc machine shop so I can make about anything but can anyone furnish me with a scan or reading of the instructions and maybe some dimentions for the inserts. If someone has a bike not in service now with the throttle meister I would be happy to pay postage both ways to get the info and dimensions I need to get mine working.

Thanks - Rod in Oklahoma

sprints@pldi.net

In the meantime, you could try a throttle counter-force spring (vastly smarter idea than a ThrottleMeister.... adding friction and constantly fussing with your grip is not an ergonomic strategy). Costs 28-cents at Home Depot but with access to CNC gear, you could make one for $10,000.

Ben

I have a Throttle Meister on my R1150rt. I also have one on my Moto Guzzi Norge. On the Norge the TM is adjusted by using supplied shims. On the RT it is adjusted by moving the entire throttle/hand brake assembly in or out to adjust how much friction is put upon the TM when it is engaged. BMWs are odd in that they only use one throttle cable. Most other brands use two, one that opens the throttle and one that closes it. With the BMW system they use a very heavy return spring to ensure the throttle closes when the throttle is released, since there is no return cabe. Something that is not needed in a two cable system. Just for info, if you have the heated grips on it makes a big difference on how much friction is put on the TM because the rubber grip expands when heated.

Peter Parts

With the BMW system they use a very heavy return spring to ensure the throttle closes when the throttle is released, since there is no return cabe. Something that is not needed in a two cable system.

Is there no force closing the butterfly on two-cable models? That would be at best barely acceptable from a safety perspective even if convenient from a touring-bike perspective.

Possibly there is a spring related to the butterfly; but with two cables, the force is dissipated in the friction of pulling two cables.

Ben

Archived