IGNORED

It arrived today

Kathy R

I'm fortunate, ready and very happy. Needless to say, it's wonderful to own again.

i-2QBzBJP-L.jpg

2007 DL650 (non ABS)

24837 miles

All services done, oil changed every 3k miles

Lowered ¾” front and rear

Custom rear shock, fully adjustable, resprung for mix of my weight and 2 up

Front suspension renewed seals, racetech springs, cartridge emulators

Superbrace

MadStad Bracket with stock shield and Lamina Lip

Corrected Gauge Faces to read exact mph

Givi Racks

3x 40 liter clamshell Givi knockoff hard bags with matched keys

Fender extender

Rox Adjustable risers and higher rise bars

Suzuki Hand Guards

Suzuki Heated Grips

Stebel Nautilus 139db horn

Clear turn indicators from ’09 DL with amber bulbs and silver internal reflectors to make them brighter

Brand new Michelin Anakee II tires front and rear

Brand new premium RK chain and front and rear sprockets

Set up and wired for Garmin Zumo 550 GPS with wiring and mount.

Battery Tender with tails installed on bike

I think I'll add crash bars, but other than that it's pretty much everything I wanted. I thought long and hard about an RT again, but the economics of the Wee and the ease of maintenance won out. Well, that and the fact that it made sense to pick up where I left off.

Very nice Kathy. Good to see you with a bit bigger bike back in the stable.

--"Custom rear shock, fully adjustable, resprung for mix of my weight and 2 up"--

Getting a custom seat for Nigel?

Mike Cassidy

Very nice Kathy. Good to see you with a bit bigger bike back in the stable.

--"Custom rear shock, fully adjustable, resprung for mix of my weight and 2 up"--

Getting a custom seat for Nigel?

Mike Cassidy

That little Yammie was a lent bike, meant to serve as a place holder in my garage, something to keep me company over the winter. It did the trick. As the weather warmed and my riding friends gathered near I got an itch I couldn't scratch.

The only thing that keeps me from thinking of riding is Nigel. I am rather attached and find it hard to leave him behind. That being said, the wording is from the seller. He sometimes took his wife aboard, although she has a number of her own bikes.

This is the first time I'll have a bike with improved (beyond stock) shocks. That is a big plus that I'm really looking forward to testing out on some twisty roads.

I have given some thought to taking a Keith Code class. It might be a good brush up. I haven't really had any seat time to speak of in nearly 2 years. Most of my riding, of late, has been in my mind :grin:

Great news. Gald to see you feeling well and back on two weels. I took a sunny ride today around Manhattan (NYC) and it was a perfect antidote to the winter blas. Hopefully you will get down this way someting this year and we can celeberat your victory.

Francis

texasaggie97

Kathy,

We have not me yet but I hope our paths cross on the road. Congratulation on a great ride. I too just got me a new ride as well.

Many blessings and keep the rubber side down,

Todd

You look so happy with the new bike! I can only imagine the feeling :-)

New bike, spring time just around the corner, lot of miles waiting to be ridden... Awesome!

Good luck with the bike and give a treat to Nigel from me.

Mikko

Where ya wanna meet?

L

I'd love to yell, "Durango!" :grin:

That feeling of getting on the bike and heading across a few state lines is in me again, but I hesitate when I think of my Dad and of course when I think about leaving the dog. I need an app that suspends time, so I can head out for 3 weeks and *poof* be back without them knowing I was gone.

I am not planning to tell Dad about the new wheels. I know what he went through when I called him from the hospital with morphine masking my voice. I won't kid you, I worry about taking him there again. That worry may just sort itself out, much the way the thought of riding again has sorted itself out.

I love the amusement park too much to give it up. Y'all get that. :)

Hopefully you will get down this way someting this year and we can celeberat your victory.

Francis

Call me weird, but I love riding in urban traffic. One of these days...

For tips on Nigel - see this thread...

Andy

I know, sidecar. Thanks for trying to think of a way. There are a few reasons why it won't work for us:

#1 Nigel is 106 pounds

He needs the entire back seat of the Buick as it is

#2 While I'll place my life in the palm of my hands I do not want to risk Nigel. The road is not for him, as far as I'm concerned.

#3 I do not want to ride a hack

A trailer hitch could appear on the Buick.....

What a wonderful picture!!!!!!!!

Congrats on the new ride, a real beauty. :thumbsup:

The smile on your face is priceless.. :wave:

Wishing you nothing but the best.

Kathy,

First off, congrats, glad you're feeling the need for saddle time.

Second, the layoff does create some issues, but they'll pass with seat time.

Third, mental aspect is w/in your control.

Fourth, we set up a K1200 RS w/Hannigan sidecar that had roof and a/c for a lady who took her two boys along.

Nigel would fit no problem.

;)

WRT Dad, understand, but you know he will have to be brought into the loop at some time. Better to ride w/that in the rear view, IMO,

but totally understand the not wanting to put loved ones in worry mode.

We can't control a lot of what happens around us regardless of how we roll down the road. Dad knows that. We can get clobbered on a motorcycle (BTDT), a car (BTDT/BTDT), a bicycle (BTDT), walking (BTDT), people throw things like beer bottles (BTDT), shoot at us (BTDT), intentionally try to hit us (BTDT), and so much more.

You'll always be his little girl and he'll always worry 'bout ya.

(BTdoingthat :grin: )

Take your time, have fun.

We'll see ya at the UN.

:wave:

Beth and I will buy the first hug.

:lurk:

not sure were you live or your associations in life. But my wife loves dogs, as do many of her friends. We very often will have 2 and three dogs (I draw the limit not my wife :-) ) at our house for weekend "doggie sleep overs') or for whole weeks at a time. I encourage you to find fellow dog lovers that would like to have short term "friends" for their dogs. And likewise you taking in "friends" for Niegel. this gives my wife great piece of mind when she wants to travel. And even when she is not traveling sometimes they will just do a "day visit" were one of her quilting friends comes over, they quilt all day and the dogs play in the backyard all day. It is amazing how "early" Ginger goes to bed on those days :-)

Tim that was my point, it seems to be a "quite" market, but actually once you get hooked into it, it is very large group of people that do this "sharing" of dog sitting. It seems to have grown from the "home school crowd" were kids would get together for social interaction as well as schooling. Also different parents had better math skills, or English skills etc. So the "dog" crowd seems to have embraced this concept and I know my wife loves it.

That feeling of getting on the bike and heading across a few state lines is in me again, but I hesitate when I think of my Dad and of course when I think about leaving the dog. I need an app that suspends time, so I can head out for 3 weeks and *poof* be back without them knowing I was gone.
You coming down to the IBA Pizza Party? I'll buy you a cup holder, that bike is missing one :)

i-2QBzBJP-L.jpg

Sooo how many tank of gas to wear off those grins????

You? Probably never.

Nigel? Probably after 3 or 4 :grin:

Congrats.

Looking good. It's been a long road back.

Consider some extra LED lighting.

Great pic! Love to see that smile on your face after all you've been through. Some really good suggestions here on your challenges with Dad and Nigel. I am sure you'll figure something out that works.

Thank you all for your kind and thoughtful comments and suggestions. :)

....K1200 RS w/Hannigan sidecar that had roof and a/c for a lady who took her two boys along. Nigel would fit no problem. ;)

Thank you Tim. Good thought, but I'll refer you to my #2 & #3

WRT Dad, understand, but you know he will have to be brought into the loop at some time.

I can never remember what the acronyms mean.

Dad had a heart attack at the end of January. We are pretty much day to day around here. If he is well I may travel, but if he is not I will be here. He celebrates his 88th at the end of this month. There is no need for him to be brought into the loop about the bike. None.

Beth and I will buy the first hug.

:lurk:

We're charging for them now? :grin:

not sure were you live or your associations in life. But my wife loves dogs, as do many of her friends. We very often will have 2 and three dogs (I draw the limit not my wife :-) ) at our house for weekend "doggie sleep overs') or for whole weeks at a time.

Good suggestion. Thanks Randy. I have a bunch of neighbors who love him and I have made use of a nearby doggie 5 star resort that he loves. I don't worry about him when I leave him behind and he is happy to have his own vacations. It is me that misses him, a lot.

He was barely a year old as he laid by my side for months as I recovered. I've driven us all over since (CO, IL, PA) and just plain enjoy his company, every day, no matter what we are doing. It is hard for me to be without him. Because he's a therapy dog I can take him just about anywhere and I've enjoyed going along for the ride as he cheers folks up. He's my best friend.

Will I travel without him, probably. Do I feel like doing it at this time. No. But it's March in NY. :)

A year and half ago I would have bet a little money that I'd never own again. I like the way things have progressed, because I haven't done anything I didn't truly feel in my heart and head. Yeah, 2 freaking years have slipped past, but I've had an interesting time getting to this stage. Some of it was horrid, but much of it was heartwarming and enlightening. Imagine being 56, then feeling 95 and then, by comparison, feeling 40. That is what the last 2 years have been like for me. I feel younger than I've felt in YEARS! Wrapped up in that is a lot of emotion. I suspect, if things continue on this trajectory I will return to the comfort of being without Nigel for a couple, or a few, weeks at a time. But I'm not there yet. I don't even want to think about 2 days without him right now! :grin:

All this stuff is cathartic. Talking about it is huge. That is how I move forward. Thank you all for always indulging me.

Enjoy the Stebel Horn :eek:

:grin:

I hung out in the garage with one of my brothers today. I forgot to try it out! :dopeslap:

Shouldn't you clean that bike up?

You must have me confused with a gal on a Harley :D

You coming down to the IBA Pizza Party? I'll buy you a cup holder, that bike is missing one :)

Tempting.....especially from a master farkler such as yourself! :D

Consider some extra LED lighting.

Yeah, I had them on the red Wee; signals and tail light. Good thought.

I am thrilled to have that magnificent Wee headlight again. I've never had a stock light *bright* the road like the VStrom. And when the high beams are on watch out!

I am booked for the UN. We shall see. I would like nothing more than to hug a bunch of you and enjoy what is always a good time. It is hard to push through the thoughts of what Paul is dealing with and I ride again because of friends like him.

Great choice, again. Like I've said, I really enjoyed my 650 V-Strom and when I get to old to hold up my RT, I'll go back and get another Zook.

Hey Kathy! Gotta love that ear to ear smile! Nothing like it! I am happy for you! Hope to give that wee a snap inspection at the upcoming TDC. Oh, of course the cursory welcome hugs go without saying! Now rip up those roads on the finger lakes!

Archived