IGNORED

So-Cal to Oakhurst back road ride!

mrduck

Friday 4/19 the infamous "Back road ride" is back! Every thing you've heard about this one is sorta true....cool back roads, some slighty hoonish behavior, good lunch at Porterville, and most important- great company :clap:

The first meeting spot is the Lancaster Starbucks,14 Fwy / Ave I,around 8:30 am, leave by 9:00 or so.

The second spot is Tehachapi at the 58 Fwy / MILL STREET TEXACO!!! about 9:30, top off the gas, then try to be rolling outta there by 10:00.

Pit stop in Glenville then on to

Lunch in Porterville around 12:30-1:00 at Jenny Lynns Cafe.

Top off the gas there, then on to Oakhurst.

For you noobs-welcome!... we do the regroup at the intersection thing- ride at the pace you're comfortable with, we have all day to get there :thumbsup:

I'll post a map or two soon. Those of you that can program your GPS please do, I need all the help I can get (although some will say I'm beyond help) :grin:

You WILL have a good time, see ya soon

Don J :wave:

• 2 weeks later...
i'll try like hell to get my butt up there in lancaster in time to join the ride up to joe's.

Good to have ya along.....

Granite Road is one not to be missed! :thumbsup:

We should be hearing from the rest of the "usual suspects" anytime now... :lurk:

• 2 weeks later...
Seems I should be there to keep the usual suspects in line. Those guys should never be left on their own.

:clap:

It's a git'n closer,ya'll gonna have a fine old time!

(I do speak fluent hick)

Bill_Walker

IN! I'm going to come up to Lancaster the night before so I can meet you guys at the Starbucks without getting up at oh-dark-thirty.

IN! I'm going to come up to Lancaster the night before so I can meet you guys at the Starbucks without getting up at oh-dark-thirty.

Nice to have you along! :thumbsup:

With you and Graydude joining us, our respectability has just gone way up! :rofl:

This is looking to be a great time!

Mrs. Groanup and I will be doing the "over the hill" route from LaCanada out to Lancaster to the meet up at Starbucks.

We'll leave the Shell station at the 210 and Angeles Crest Hwy at about 7:30 am Friday which should put us in Lancaster about 8:30 am. That leaves time for a foo foo coffee. (not that I condone that sort of thing...) :grin:

Y'all are welcome to join us if you'd like to avoid (a big chunk of) the freeway drone!

Will to meet up with The Usual Suspects for the infamous “but respectful“ Back Road Ride at the 58 Fwy / Mill St. Texaco Friday morning.

Looking forward to it

Will to meet up with The Usual Suspects for the infamous “but respectful“ Back Road Ride at the 58 Fwy / Mill St. Texaco Friday morning.

Looking forward to it

:clap:

Bill_Walker

And I'm out, dammit. I seem to have aggravated my old back injury, and while riding the bike sometimes makes my back feel better, a short ride yesterday told me this is not going to be one of those times. Sigh.

And I'm out, dammit. I seem to have aggravated my old back injury, and while riding the bike sometimes makes my back feel better, a short ride yesterday told me this is not going to be one of those times. Sigh.

BOOOOOOO!

There goes half of our respectability... :(

Sorry to hear Bill. Take care of the back, you only get one. I expect there will be another NmSitM next year...

Though it will lead to a further decrease in respectability I'll be joining in on this ride.

I'm riding down to Mojave tomorrow and will join in at the start or the Texaco stop.

Though it will lead to a further decrease in respectability I'll be joining in on this ride.

I'm riding down to Mojave tomorrow and will join in at the start or the Texaco stop.

WOW! :clap:

We'll try to behave :thumbsup:

Ah, dang! Take care of it.... and the idea of a yoga class has a lot of merit.....especially one with college age students :thumbsup:

See ya next time

Bill_Walker

We'll try to behave :thumbsup:

:wave:

How is this to happen?

Especially without me there to keep you guys from hooning it up too much!

I was really looking forward to this ride, and seeing all of you. Rats.

I'm out. Even the map loaded to fast for me. I'll be staying in Kernville Thursday night and taking my " smell the roses pace" the next day. I mean what's the hurry. You guys will still be drinking beer in the parking lot when I roll in Friday afternoon.

Bill_Walker
I'm out. Even the map loaded to fast for me.

Well, now the respectability level has fallen like a lead balloon. :grin:

This is looking to be a great time!

We'll leave the Shell station at the 210 and Angeles Crest Hwy at about 7:30 am Friday which should put us in Lancaster about 8:30 am. That leaves time for a foo foo coffee. (not that I condone that sort of thing...) :grin:

Y'all are welcome to join us if you'd like to avoid (a big chunk of) the freeway drone!

I'd love to, but leaving the house at 6:45 is very hard to do. See you on ave i.

I fully understand John.

This is just the fastest way for us to get out there, and has the additional advantage of being a really great ride... :grin:

See you in Lancaster!

We'll be seeing you folks at one of the stops... or Oakhurst.

Will not be at meeting ya at Starbucks in the morning.

See ya :wave:

Archived