IGNORED

Yet another Fuel Strip Post, Letter Campaign

PZP

Here is a copy of a letter I sent to Communications Manager Roy Oliemuller, BMW Motorrad:

March 9, 2013

Dear Roy Oliemuller,

I am an avid motorcyclist since 1967 and owner of a 2007 R1200RT. For the most part, I love this motorcycle more than any other I have owned.

What bothers me and many others is BMW not resolving the fuel strip failure in our hex heads. BMW has acknowledged the problem by going to a float system for the newer bikes.

I understand that your costs in providing us with a workable solution may prohibit you from doing anything but just replacing the failed strips. I would like to suggest to you that if given the choice of continuing to replace failed strips under warranty, or paying outright for a more expensive replacement that works, I would easily pay three times the cost of the current strip, just to relieve myself of an annual and sometimes twice a year replacement. I am sure most others would also.

Your acknowledgement of my letter would be appreciated, and your understanding the angst many of us feel about this issue would help restore my faith in BMW Motorrad. Thank you for your time sir.

Sincerely,

Paul Philips

5364 E. Vienna Rd.

Clio, MI 48420

Spitzen1@hotmail.com

Not positive there's a correlation, but the newer bikes with the revised fuel guage sender have different fuel tanks. Capacity reduced from 7.1 gal to 6.6 gal.

Not positive there's a correlation, but the newer bikes with the revised fuel guage sender have different fuel tanks. Capacity reduced from 7.1 gal to 6.6 gal.

Correlation or not, do you think they care? Unless someone steps on their necks, I doubt they'll do anything.

+1 Ponch

That's why getting a third party involved can catalyze the process of resolution.

Contact the NHTSA

My third went in yesterday

Archived