IGNORED

'04 RT Gas Tank Hoses

Oldironken

Because of what i've read regarding split hoses i decided that while i have the tank off i'd better have a look at the internal hoses and replace the fuel filter.

The hoses "look" fine on the outside, the ones on the pump itself have no #'s but they have a wide green stripe, including the U shaped one.

The hoses coming from the top of the tank are marked V E5x10 BMW >NBR< 2103 with a yellow stripe. Are these the correct hoses since they don't appear to match the U shaped one?

Is it safe to assume that if i order them from MAX here in CT i'll get the correct submersible hoses that can handle the ethanol in our gas? Or, should i ask for a specific number? Or would Beemer Boneyard be a better source to save a little $$ for the same hoses.

Question #2

I read in a recent thread that a whooshing sound when you open the gas cap was a sign the the canister could be plugged or the return hoses may have collapsed. My bike has done that since i got it in June, i figured it was normal. This morning i pulled the canister and blew both directions through each of the tubes, it appears to be clear because it seemed like air was moving pretty freely. Does this indicate that the internal hoses in the tank are plugged?

Thanks for the free daily education i'm getting!

Ken Erman

Afternoon Ken

I haven't replaced those 1150 hoses for a while so can't really tell you if what you have now is correct or not. (some on the site here have just recently replaced theirs so hopefully you will get a response)

If you buy the hoses from a BMW dealer they should be correct & submersible rated.

On your evap can being plugged?-- If you are getting the woosh when opening the filler cap then something is probably plugged or restricted.

It sounds like your evap can is open (at least at first view). So now you need to test the hoses.

Blow through the hose that ran from the can to behind the R/H foot peg sometimes those will plug with mud on the bottom.

If that hose is open then blow through the hose that runs from the evap can forward to the fuel tank. That one must not be plugged or crimped either.

If those hoses are OK then verify the vent hose in the tank in open by blowing through it.

Ken,

I responded to another poster giving the linky to the realoem.com fiche with part numbers. Just order the parts from a BMW dealer and you should receive the correct submersible FI hoses (but in a single 1 meter length) and also the correct "U" hose.

That's what I and a few others have done on here.

Note that Euro hoses (NBR marked) are marked differently from U.S. SAE hoses, which are stamped as 30R9 for external, 30R10 for submersible.

Thanks guys, i'll call MAX tomorrow. Do i have to use the $35 BMW fuel filter? Just wondering if i could get the same thing at NAPA...

SAAB93driver
Thanks guys, i'll call MAX tomorrow. Do i have to use the $35 BMW fuel filter? Just wondering if i could get the same thing at NAPA...

The archive sticky on this forum shows Deutsch FF424 available at Autozone but I don't think that brand is available anymore but Napa or other parts source should be able to cross it.

Thanks guys! I got everything ordered and hope to start reassembling this weekend.

Is there a practical reason one should use the Oetiker crimp clamps over the screw type?

roger 04 rt
Thanks guys! I got everything ordered and hope to start reassembling this weekend.

Is there a practical reason one should use the Oetiker crimp clamps over the screw type?

Either work. The advantage of FI rated screw type is you can take then on and off. I used screw type at first, but because I recognized the the oetiker clamps were smaller and never would chafe or cut anything nearby I switched everything over to oetiker.

Archived