IGNORED

Redline Motor Oil

Bernie

I haven't used it in the motor, but I've used their "shock proof" oil in my K-bike tranny and rear end for a couple of years with great success. thumbsup.gif It made a WORLD of difference in the smoothness of shifting...gotta' think that the engine version would be good as well.

Ditto what Byron said. The shockproof made a world of difference in my RT tranny, also have it in rear end. Great product. Do not know much about their motor oil. Using Mobile 1 which seems fine.

Ride safe,

Bob

David_Charlton

Gooday Bernie,been using Redline in my RT's engine for 18 months now, I think it'a a good drop,also got the shockproof light in the tranny and box

I was so impressed with the Shock Proof Heavy in my tranny that I thought I would give the RedLine Motor 15/50 oil a try. For price, it is on par with the BMW synthetic. I have not noticed any operating or performance differences so far, it just works like a good quality oil should I guess. crazy.gif

BeniciaRT_GT

I have been using redline since I got the bike 2 1/2 years ago. it still doesn't use much oil at all, and I'm happy with what I see when I do valves etc.

80K of Redline and all is well with the motor at 105K...I also use Shockproof in the tranny/rear end, and I'm happy with that too.

I have tried Amsoil for the last oil change and think it will do just as well. The shockproof is sensitive to overfilling since it doesn't have any anti-foaming agents. DAMHIK! (It is especially senstitive at altitudes above 3000 feet.)

I used redline oil in my 04 RT and noticed that the engine ran one bar cooler than before. I haven't tried it in my GS yet, as I have only 3K on it. I will go Red Line Syn at 6K as the bike uses no oil.

I have been using redline since I got the bike 2 1/2 years ago. it still doesn't use much oil at all, and I'm happy with what I see when I do valves etc.

80K of Redline and all is well with the motor at 105K...I also use Shockproof in the tranny/rear end, and I'm happy with that too.

I have tried Amsoil for the last oil change and think it will do just as well. The shockproof is sensitive to overfilling since it doesn't have any anti-foaming agents. DAMHIK! (It is especially senstitive at altitudes above 3000 feet.)

I used to use Redline Shock Proof Heavy in my final drive. As mentioned, I quit using it after it burped out of the vent several times and lubricated my rear tire in oil. Now I am using Mobil 1 Synthetic 75/140W gear oil with no further problems. Redline in the gearbox is fine.

Thanks for all the replies.

Where are you guys ordering redline from. Are there any dealers that stock it or go back to Redline Oil?

BeniciaRT_GT

Where are you guys ordering redline from. Are there any dealers that stock it or go back to Redline Oil?

I just run down to the factory for whatever I might want!!!

(forgive my gloating, but this little town doesn't have much to gloat about! It is nice having them literally less than a mile from my house.)

As a bonus because of the quality of the product and its proximity, the auto-parts store a block away from me carries most of the stuff, some of the time. Unfortunately, the store has no concept of taking inventory...

ever!

call & order directly from redline. shipping is cheap.

Archived