IGNORED

r1200gs cee baileys screen

gerard tobin

gerard tobin

-put the +4" height and + 2" width on my bke . With the screen in low position there was better coverage but nothing significant . Any raising of the screen increased buffetting to a unacceptable level. I bought this screen for the winter but have found the stock unit to adjust easier and work better and returned the screen. The only other option on my bike is a gizmo mill led taillight conversion which is a plug-in Led flashing taillight @ $115. and is well worth the money.; www.gizmomill.com

Take a look at the Laminar Lip. It is a bit fugly, but the results are fantastic, resolving buffeting and severe wind noise, plus it directs the air over your helmet better than any of the after-market windshields for the R12GS.

And, it is around a $100.

Looking at it, I would have never believed it, but it works! thumbsup.gif

You stopped 1" short in all directions. I use the CB +5, +3, set in the lowest position. Am 1.76m tall. It removed almost all the buffeting from my Arai XD. Can cruise all day at 130km/h, but agreed, at high settings, and above city speeds, the CB cause severe buffeting.

I don't have too many miles on my bike with the Givi screen yet, but, so far, am very happy, and the price cannot be beat. Here's a couple links..

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/1915/289/

http://www.r1200gs.info/misc/givi.html

At 6'1" and 32" inseam, I get no buffeting and a very quiet ride.

That is good info!

I was very disappointed with the CeeBailey's, mainly because the fitting was poor and the adjustment was not secure.

Does the Givi allow the range of movement that the stock shield does?? Does the angle of the Givi allow proper fitting at the adjustment points??

TIA

Does the Givi allow the range of movement that the stock shield does?? Does the angle of the Givi allow proper fitting at the adjustment points??

Yeah, it retains the stock adjustment mechanism, and still works as the factory intended. It's a great deal on a great screen! As always, YMMV.

cheers

Touratech also offers a clamp on windscreen extension for the top of the screen. It looks a little more secure than the laminar lip, which I had come off once at s80MPH on a VFR (Lip is held on by velcro).

Take a look at the Laminar Lip. It is a bit fugly, but the results are fantastic, resolving buffeting and severe wind noise, plus it directs the air over your helmet better than any of the after-market windshields for the R12GS.

And, it is around a $100.

Looking at it, I would have never believed it, but it works! thumbsup.gif

Ditto that. It won't turn a 12GS into a Goldwing, but then that's not what I wanted. It does, however, get rid of most of the most dirty air, quiets the ride down quite a bit, and nearly eliminates the blast on the upper arms and helmet. For $80 you can't beat it. thumbsup.gif

And as for ugly...hell...its a GS.

Archived