IGNORED

Battery for my 03 1150 rt

Ralph

Hi all! Been away for a few years. I am about to change my battery and would appreciate any recommendations. The bike has not moved for about that long.

Glad you are about to get back in the saddle! :thumbsup:

Yuasa 51913 (conventional lead-acid Battery). Drop in replacement, Japanese technology adopted by most major manufacturers etc. ;)

Odyssey PC680. You won't find many complaining about this battery. Rock solid, completely maintenance free, lasts long etc. Requires minimal work to fit (a couple of L-shaped brackets and a spacer).

There are many, many other brands out there but Yuasa and Odyssey (Enersys) are the only one I'd buy from.

I think the last battery was a bmw one that was dry cell but cant remember now. I know it said I had to use the bmw battery tender to charge it and not a regular one. ???

Ralph, welcome back! For battery by far the premium choice is Odyssey. IMHO any trickle charger will do. The bike doesn't know either what battery is in it, and it works.

Had good luck here.

Welcome back Ralph :wave:

If you go with the Odyssey make sure to check the

Include L Adapters $5.95
box as you need these to connect the bikes +- cables to the battery.

Also there is a positive terminal extension piece available to allow temporary access (charging or jumping) without having to pull off the Tupperware.

I made my own out of a piece of copper with a 1/4x20 (or so) bolt silver-soldered on (bolt is insulated with a piece of surgical tube).

Hi Tim. Nice to see you again. It has been a while since I posted. Been checking in from time to time but not a log in. I'm planning to get back on the bike this spring and slowley ease back into riding again. I will have to do a battery change since this one is not starting but clicking. I can charge it probably but dont want to take the chance on getting stuck out somewere. There are no BMW shops here in OKC any more.

Pas

Picked up the battery from the place tou posted. Since they were 15 or so miles away I drove over & they gave me a better deal than the price on your link. The young guy gave me a lecture on batterys & where they are made for 1/2 houre. Anyway, Thanks for the info.

Ralph, Great to hear you got it. It took me awhile to figure out how I wanted to place the L brackets. I think everyone has their own ideas. I think I had to flatten the Bat end of the ground wire to make it fit.

Archived